Friday, August 29, 2008

Monsoon!

There is one bright spot to the dreadfully hot Arizona summer, Monsoon Season! For some reason I always thought the monsoons were mostly in July but we have had some good August monsoons as well. Last night was one of them, after we got the kids ready for bed the rain and wind started. The kids thought the hard rain was cool and so I said lets go out and play in it! Andy said you will seriously get soaked, um duh, isn't that the point??? So I ran out as the kids watched me, the lighting flashing all around, they were a little bit scared. Finally Hayden got up the nerve to come out with me and we were running and splashing and I said this is so fun and he said, "This is not fun mom!" and ran inside. A few minutes later (after he finished his donut) he came out to play and started having fun. We were splashing in the "river" flowing down our street. Brynley cried at the front door and I finally got her out. Unfortunately, Andy couldn't get many good pictures because the flash kept picking up the rain drops. We are in for a few more storms this weekend, I can't wait! The downside is the hot and humid air we have today but we'll just stay inside! Ooh, I hear thunder as I am typing this, yay!

7 comments:

Meredith said...

Did they beg for rain coats and umbrellas and boots? Glad you finally got some puddle jumpin' in! What a cool mom you are - they are already for bed and you go play in the rain!

Sonya said...

I'm glad you still think they are cool too. Mine wouldn't get off the couch and come watch it outside with me! They were yeah, mom it's rain :). Little buggers!

Brenna said...

We were out in that storm too. Don't really know why I bothered to shower. LOL It was so amazing how the sky would just stay lit up.

Maddy said...

You are so nice. Ellie always wants to go out in the rain, but I mke her stay under the porch and watch.

Myers Mayhem said...

you're such a good sport!

Laurel said...

You are such a fun mom! I love being able to play in these warm rain showers too. That storm was a particularly good one. Although, it trashed our pool.

Clemstock said...

Molly the picture of you and Hayden is really cute at the top of the post.