Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Life at our house...

It seems there's never a dull moment around here so I wanted to share a few from the last week.

First... Brynley is potty trained!!!! Yay!!! Once she knew how to do it, there has been no stopping her, and she loves all of her cute underwear. All toilets are now called potty trains, according to her, some are just bigger than others. She was at a friend's house yesterday and even went totally on her own without even telling the mom, I'm so proud. One thing I forgot about this whole potty training thing was how they can now examine their poop and see what it looks like. All kids do this right??? Last night it looked like a carrot apparently and this morning it looked like a teddy bear. I must say, I had to agree with the bear analysis. Anyway, I am beyond excited that we are "done" with potty training for another 2 years or so.

The three kids ready for church on Sunday


Crazy Zac!

The second thing I wanted to share just touched me so deeply when it happened, let me share... Last Tuesday Hayden didn't get a stamp on his behavior chart from school and I told him I was disappointed and told him that he wouldn't be able to play the Wii that day. He cried for what seemed like forever and so we just talked about how he has to remember to be good ALL day at school. So the next day (Wed.) I reminded him that he had to get a stamp on his chart if he wanted to play the Wii, he gets home and has no stamp. I felt bad for the kid, 7 hours at school is a long time and his misbehavior's didn't seem too bad to me. So that night at dinner, Hayden said the prayer and asked Heavenly Father to help him be good at school the next day. On Thursday morning as we were getting ready to leave for school we knelt and had family prayer (which doesn't happen in the am very often) and we asked again to help Hayden be good at school. Sure enough when I picked him up that afternoon he had a stamp and his teacher even remarked that she could tell all day if he started to get off task, he would remind himself to do better. As we drove home Hayden said, "Oh I forgot to tell Ms. Tapia about my prayer!" I told him it was okay, he didn't have to tell her and then he asked if we could pray everyday before he leaves for school. Since then he has had a stamp everyday and I am so proud of him!

6 comments:

Rickie said...

Such cute stories! Hayden is so sweet. And I'm totally jealous that Brynlee is potty trained. You are so lucky. We'll be working on that one for a while, I'm sure.

Meredith said...

So sweet!!! I love that Bryn is potty trained...I was dreading seeing her in giant size 6 diapers! hahaha! I knew she would be great at it. That story about Hayden is so sweet. You know, it is such a blessing when kids get immediate answers to their prayers. It really helps build their budding testimonies.

Myers Mayhem said...

Congrats on potty training! the only analyzing of poo in our house is done by parker and it's always a snake. That's a good thing right?
Hayden is awesome...tell him i said so!

Sonya said...

What a great example, sometimes we forget that it's really just that simple to pray :). Way to go Hayden! Amanda wants to come play the Wii!

Maddy said...

Way t go Bryn! You look so cute in just your underwear on the potty train.

hayden is so sweet.

So fun to see you guys last night! How late were you up?

jacque said...

I think I've missed a few of your posts--lots has happened! I'm excited about your new house and I think your color choices are great! Yeah, for Brynley and potty training. That is a huge feat as a parent! I love the sweet story of Hayden!