Monday, August 25, 2008

If only I had my camera at church...

I had a first time experience at church yesterday, much to the amusement of those seated within50 feet of us! It happened to be the quietest point in church, while the sacrament was being past, and I was holding Zac above my head admiring him, I learned that many around us were also admiring him. As he was smiling down at me he decided to projectile vomit all over me. Yes folks, it was covering my face, in my mouth, in my hair and all over the front of both he and I. I sort of sat there stunned as Hayden and Brynley looked truly frightened by the ordeal and Andy could only laugh. I didn't even have a burp cloth with me or anything, just Zac's little taggy blanket which I tried to use to clean myself up as fresh puke was dripping from my nose. Once the sacrament was over, I swiftly rushed out to the bathroom to try to clean us up with paper towels. After washing out my mouth, I was happy to find a piece of gum in my diaper bag to somewhat take away the taste of puke!

At the end of the meeting I had 4 or 5 people come up to me expressing sympathy and telling me that it was the funniest thing they have witnessed in a very long time! I am so glad that I could be the source of joy to so many innocent bystanders!

5 comments:

Sonya said...

That's awful, but my kids would have thought it was cool as they were sooo bored with the special mtg! I'm glad you had a good attitude about it, I'd have gotten up and never come back :).

Myers Mayhem said...

awesome! i laugh just imagining it!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This reminds me of the leaky green poo incident with Hayden at Claim Jumper all those years ago! Do remember that?

Jen B said...

I'm so laughing! That's one you'll never forget! And if it makes you feel any better - We never saw a thing! :)

Martha said...

WOW, what an experience! It really made me laugh, but I'm sure at the time you were just so shocked & embarassed! What perfect timing little Zac has, huh?