Friday, August 29, 2008

Seriously... Where did this girl come from???

Modeling Andy's socks after church

My dad will be the first to tell you where she came from - her mother. Yes folks, apparently I gave my parents a run for their money growing up and Brynley seems to be taking after me quite nicely I suppose! Let me make a list of what she's been up to this week:

1 - On Sunday night I woke around 3 am to hear Zac crying and within a few minutes he abruptly stopped so I went to see if he was okay. As I left my room I noticed Bryn's door was opened and every light in the house was on. Once I got to Zac's room, I noticed Brynley putting his pacifier in. I took Brynley out and told her she needed to get back to bed. Her blankets and stuffed animals were downstairs on the couch and her special lovey blanket was in Hayden's bed. I don't know how long she had been up wandering the house but I thought it was pretty funny. There is now a lock on her door that locks form the outside so she can't escape at night!

2 - Monday night I asked the kids to finish their dinner and then they could take a bath. Hayden finished his quickly and Brynley would hardly touch hers. I sat there for 10 minutes tying to get her to eat and she kept trying to get down from the table to take a bath. I was getting so frustrated with her because I hardly gave her anything to begin with. A few minutes later I went to give Zac his pacifier in the swing and my head was literally turned for 5 seconds. Brynley announced that she finished her dinner as she was shutting the garbage can lid. Yep, she threw her food away. I put her right to bed an hour early and spent the next 45 minutes taking her back up to her bed because she kept getting out, crying hysterically that she needed to take a bath.

3 - After using the potty the other day, Brynley came walking out of the bathroom with her underwear not quite all the way up and I noticed something on her underwear and thought it was a piece of toilet paper. No, it was a panty liner that Brynley got out of my cabinet, opened and stuck on her underwear! I promptly took it out and told her it was only for mommy's, I have caught her with one in her underwear two other times this week!

4 - After Caroline was here playing the other day I went into Brynley's room to find about 40 starburst wrappers on the floor and a bag of marshmallows almost empty on the floor - those two are quite a pair the way they obsess about food. I am sure Brynley will hoard food someday.

5 - As were getting ready to go to gymnastics on Wednesday we heard Hayden yell from upstairs that Brynley broke the toilet. Andy ran up and I heard him yell so loud, I thought for sure the toilet had been ripped from the floor or something. I run up to see Hayden standing there naked, he had apparently been going to the bathroom, while Brynley had been scrubbing the inside of the toilet with her bare hands and some soap! This girl is obsessed with toilets now, I can't get her to stop touching them. She dips things in and takes them out. Yesterday she found a fake flower and was caught swishing it around in the toilet water - yuck!

I am sure there is so much more... Like Brynley over flowing the sink water, drawing on herself and Hayden with a permanent marker, beating up on Hayden all the time, and going to the back of the van every single time we get in the car. I remind her every time we are going into the garage to get in her car seat, but inevitably she gets herself buckled in the back and I have to yank her to the middle seats as she's crying and I'm yelling at her. When will she figure out that life would be so much easier if she would just listen???

7 comments:

Meredith said...

Ahhhh Bryn!! I love when they figure out how to throw away food. Nice. Will you please get a picture of her booty pose and add it here? That cracks me up!

Martha said...

Molly, these stories about Brynley are SO FUNNY! She is such an angel at my house, that it's hard for me to believe she's even capable of such things! But I know every kid has their moments.....
We love her!

The Evans Family said...

Those stories are hilarious! What a fun girl. I especially love the panty liners!!

Maddy said...

Good thing she's cute!! She totally cracks me up! And she's so adorable too!

Sarah said...

Sounds just like my kids- especially the car part. They will never just get into their carseats and it drives me crazy. I'm hoping they outgrow this stage- and soon!

Myers Mayhem said...

my favorite is the panty liners! i forced parker to wear one in his underwear the other day, when he had some pooping issues and i kept having to change his undies for the tiniest little skid marks...he hated it!
Be glad the marker was on themselves and not anywhere else!

Clemstock said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Molly, I needed a laugh and seriously, this post did it. Man Brynley is a funny, funny kid. I absolutely love the panty liner in her underwear. Serious, that was some HILARIOUS blogging.