Monday, August 25, 2008

Where's Brynley?

On Saturday we finally made the switch and gave Brynley her own Big Girl bed so that Zac could have a real crib. She was really excited about it and took a good nap in it without falling out so I figured she would be great for night time. We didn't hear a sound from her all night and so at 4 am I went in to check on her only to find this:
Brynley was no where in sight. I checked her closet, I called her name, I checked her old bedroom, I checked Hayden's room, and I basically walked all over the house calling for her. I went and told Andy that I couldn't find her but he didn't seem too worried. So I went back to her room, a little perplexed when suddenly I heard a sigh, so upon closer inspection (granted it was pitch dark in her room) I saw this:
Bryn's little foot was sticking out from under her bed at the end where her head should have been!

I couldn't resist taking pictures, these are very reminiscent of pictures of me when I was girl with my arm and leg stuck in the bookshelf next to my bed. When Bryn came downstairs that morning I asked her if she was sleeping under her bed. Her response: "I just came off my bed and bonked my head." Poor thing, hopefully she learned her lesson.
There was no falling out of bed last night, just a little girl waking at 6 am to go in Zac's room! I think the door will be getting a lock soon!

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Totally reminds me of that incident with you! How funny! I love her doway
(how do you spell that?) or pacifier laying beside her.

Jennie said...

All right Brynley! First the potty train and now your very own bed :) You sure are growing up fast. We love you, sleep tight.

Rickie said...

I always love a good laugh, and this cute story brightened my day.

Maddy said...

That is so cute! I'm sure you were panicked.

David M. Evans said...

You never know where you'll find kiddos. I found one crawling all over her dresser the other day. She's a little mountain goat.

Later,
David Evans