Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Day 2...

From what I can tell, day one of kindergarten went off without a hitch! Hayden was happy when I picked him up though he was tired, thirsty, and hungry! His lunch time is at 10:20 am, and he doesn't get out of school until 3:50. When I opened his lunchbox, he had a lot of lunch leftover which I promptly turned in to an after school snack for him. Today we talked about how he needs to try to eat lunch fast so that he can try to finish it today! It made me happy last night when I asked Hayden if he wanted to go to school again after he woke up and he said yes. He really wanted to pick out his outfit this morning so I let him, I probably would have chosen a polo shirt or button down but he has been very eager to wear his Superhero shirt.
He said he made a lot of friends at school but there were so many he can't remember their names. He was excited that he got to swing 2 times at recess, and he told me all about the tour of the school and how they went to the office and the principal was waiting outside to say hi to everyone. I think I will let him buy his lunch tomorrow, we'll see how that goes!
Brynley wanted in on the picture action this morning. I think it will be a bit of an adjustment for her not to have Hayden here all day. Yesterday she kind of followed me around all day... For those curious, no, I did not send Hayden to school with a dirty face, somehow he got a really deep scratch on his face on Sunday, not sure how that happened.

6 comments:

Meredith said...

It is so neat to see him off to school - he has been so dang excited to get go, rattling off the name of his school, etc. I hope he does better on his lunch today. Cute blog face lift by the way!

Meghan, Carson and the Kiddos said...

Between Hayden gonig to Kindergarten and Lindsay going to second grade, I'm a little teary eyed, even though they aren't my kids. Maybe it's the hormones. I can't believe that I'm going to have to send my kids off into the world. I'm not ready yet. I'm so glad he's enjoying it. Give him ahigh five for us!

The Evans Family said...

I'm glad it went well for him. I love your new header!

Maddy said...

I love his shirt!!!! Good job picking your clothes Hayden!

Jill Wright said...

Molly,
Jackson got that exact same shirt-FUNNY. I'm so glad Hayden is doing well in school so far.

Clemstock said...

The Superhero shirt is fantastic! I so want one.