Monday, August 4, 2008

First Day of School!

It is so hard to believe that Hayden is in Kindergarten now! He's been so excited looking forward to this day but I'm not sure he actually realizes how long All Day Kindergarten really is! As I look at the picture below it is hard to imagine this big kid as my little baby boy, he has really grown up fast.



It was scary to see Hayden surrounded by so many other kids, ready to head off on his own. I worry so much for him, I am scared that other kids might pick on him, I'm worried that he won't know how to communicate effectively while at school and that he won't be able to stand up for himself. He's a very smart kid but sometimes it's a little hard to get his attention, I wish his teacher good luck!
I hope he has a fun day, he looked a little apprehensive as he walked with hi backpack and lunchbox into the school but I'm sure he will be fine!

8 comments:

Meredith said...

I hope he has a wonderful day!!!!!! He looks so grown up! What on earth will you do with yourself all day long?

The Evans Family said...

Oh, I hope he had a good day! I think it's even scarier for us moms to see them go.

Jennie said...

So how did it go? I am sure he had a great time! The pictures are priceless. We meet Adam's teacher tonight and I am nervous. I will be excited to hear from Hayden!!

Sarah said...

I can't believe your school has already started. We don't start here for another month! Hayden looks so grown up in these pictures. I am sure that he will do great in Kindergarten. I'm jealous that you have all day Kindergarten- that would be so nice!!!

Maddy said...

He is so cute! AHHH! I can't believe Hayden is in Kindergarten!

We should rock band on Saturday!

Ang said...

I LOVE his lunch box! SOOOO awesome!

Molly said...

Ang - He loves his lunchbox too. Hayden is a little odd, he doesn't go with trends much. He really wanted Superman but that is not the "cool" trend right now so we couldn't find one. When he saw the scooby Doo lunch bag he was sold. I thought he might get made fun of so I tried convincing him otherwise but this was the box! It has a cute little fold out placemat that he actually uses, it comes home with crumbs on it each day!

Clemstock said...

He is so cute and grownup. How is all day Kindergarten? Lex only had half days....some days I wished it was all day....