Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Our New House!

So, we finally decided to build the house that we have had our eye on for over a year. We are very excited and are hoping that it will be done by the end of December if all goes well. Ours will be more of a tan color rather than the grey in the picture above. We went to the design center yesterday and chose all of our cabinets, flooring, lighting, etc... I'm such a nerd because I chose almost the exact same cabinets that I had in my old house. Many of you will remember that I was so sad to leave my cabinets and I am so glad that this builder had almost the same ones! Here is a picture of our tile, carpet, cabinets, counter and grout sample:
I'm still unsure on the grout, it's a little light and won't really hide dirt so I may be going back tomorrow to change that!

We are very excited, my aunt and uncle will be building a second home right next to us and our lot is almost at the end of a cul de sac as well as being right near the park. We will now have plenty of room for anyone who wants to come visit!

6 comments:

Rickie said...

That is so pretty. I am so excited for you. What would it be like to have all that space? PS, yah, I think darker on the grout is better, but what you have picked out is so pretty. I can't wait to see it all done. Just wish is was closer this way!!

Myers Mayhem said...

love it! helpful hint that i heard from reed: for the grout, don't go much darker than the tile, you want to keep it about the same color or else your grout will look dirty when it's not. (but i'm sure you already knew that)

Clemstock said...

Molly, I love the new house. I like all the different mediums of rock and sandstone. Very pretty. Your carpet looks just like the carpet we chose for the bedrooms. For us I like it. Although when Lexia vomited red gatorade and cleaned it 6 times to get rid of it, I started questioning my decision. It all came out beautifully and it's still my favorite carpet. We have a similar shade of tile also in the kitchen. I am stuck on colors there. Any ideas? We have Benjamin Moore's Muslin color in the dining room next door....give me what you can think of, I am stuck and some new thoughts....

Maddy said...

I think you'll love having all the light stuff. It will make your house seem really open. The stuff looks great!

Jen B said...

BeAuTiFuL! You have such great taste! Why change?
COnGRaTs! on the contract; Somethings are just worth the wait! The perfect house and perfect location and neighbors that you love - BleSsiNgS!
Miss you! JBrewer

Martha said...

The house is BEAUTIFUL! I'm very excited for you guys! And I love the carpet & tile you picked. December is just around the corner!