Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Possible Career Change???

Meredith had been trying for weeks to get with her photog, who was also supposed to do my pictures but never did, but to no avail. So finally last weekend she asked me if I could just take her pictures so she could get her Christmas card done. I was excited to try out my mad photography skills so I said sure! Of course it rained for days and finally she said, we just have to do it. So, I loaded up my kids in the car with snacks and a movie and met Meredith for the shoot. It was almost dark and super wet, but the rain ceased for the time we were shooting. 40 minutes later, and here's a sampling of what we got:

About half of the pictures were totally unusable but after taking nearly 200, that's not bad. I know I have much to morw on but this has made me excited to learn how to use my camera a little better and continue playing around. Meredith and I have decided we are never paying for professional photos again, we'll just photograph each other. I've already had another request for a family photo shoot, it may be my other sister but who cares, right?

7 comments:

Meredith said...

So fantastic!! I was thrilled with the results - and yes it can take lots and lots of shots to get a few good ones. We will learn together.

Jennie said...

They look great! Are you taking appointments :)

Myers Mayhem said...

Not a bad idea! We are taking our own photos this year too.

Myers Mayhem said...

Oh, and you did a great job!

Maddy said...

Those turned out so great! You are very talened.

Sarah said...

I would love to actually learn how to use my camera! Great job with all of those pics- you may really have a career ahead of you.

Hayden looked so cute at his little school performance- I love his hair and his scarf!

Kathleen said...

i think a career change WOULD be in order if it didn't mean swapping out being a mom for a photographer?? how can you abandon those cuties? i think you're going to need to do a portrait session of YOUR kids this time!