Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Saddest Display of Holiday Cheer...

I will forever remember this Christmas as being the lamest decorating I have EVER done. Seriously, even our first Christmas married, Andy and I had a beautiful Christmas tree completely decorated, as was our entire apartment. Andy was even a little bugged because I decorated most of the tree myself while he was at work... I learned to never do that again, I had no idea he was so in to decorating!

I just couldn't unpack the holiday decorations as I am trying to pack up our house. And so it was, until yesterday, that we have had only one decoration. I had to pull our one of three small Christmas trees that I have to use for Enrichment a few nights ago. The kids found it the next day and were thrilled when they plugged it in and the lights lit up! And so came to be our little table of decorations:

The wooden Merry Christmas sign is something I made at Super Saturday in November, it's been sitting there ever since. Hayden added the "lovely" blue and white angel I received as a white elephant gift. On the tree are two ornaments Hayden made for us at school, they are super cute! You can't see but on the back side is a cute wreath made of grapevines from my Visiting teacher's yard, and to top it off, the kids hung a little jar of frankincense and Meir which you can kind of see dangling by the angels head. The best part was when Brynley came down the stairs today she said, "Look Hayden, our Christmas tree is still here!" Good luck finding room under this tree Santa!!

I got to help the kids in Hayden's class make gingerbread houses. I really let Hayden have full artistic control over this one. One mom was there to help and sat and only helped her daughter, it bugged me because plenty of other kids needed help and their mom's weren't there. Of course this girl's gingerbread house looked "perfect". I much prefer Hayden's M&M snow and licorice ropes draped everywhere! Sadly, the gingerbread house is no more... It was quickly devoured after school by two cute little children!

6 comments:

Jennie said...

Come visit us...our house looks like Christmas threw up all over the place!!

Cara and Terry said...

I love the low maintenance look of your tree! I, on the other hand will spend two days taking down an putting away our decorations!

Meredith said...

I loved when Hayden came over to our house and told me that our Christmas tree was "So Beautiful, Meredith!" He can come help pack ours up in a couple of weeks...

Maddy said...

That Merry Christmas is really cute!! I think if anyone has an excuse to not put up a tree it's YOU! Enjoy your low key holiday. Is your family going to be able to fly in with the icky weather up North?

Molly said...

Hey Maddy- you'll be happy to know that your cute ornament from Book Club just got added to our tree by Hayden, it is now our tree topper! Hopefully the family will be able to fly in. My Grandma was supposed to go to NJ but has been snowed in and couldn't get to the airport. So... she's coming here instead! Yay for us! That is assuming she can get out of her house by Christmas!

Kathleen said...

i love your tree!!! we can start a small tree club, too bad you're a small tree HATER!! will i be seeing you this next week when i am in az??