Thursday, December 11, 2008

A busy Saturday...

We had a great day last Saturday, the day was crazy but incredibly fun!

We woke up first thing in the morning for our ward Christmas Party. It was amazing, we had a great breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, juice, and milk. Together we got to sing Christmas carols and watch a hilarious skit by our Bishopric. I tried taking pictures but none of them turned out well. Let's just say they sort of acted out the 12 Days of Christmas, they deserved huge props for the effort they put into that skit!
After breakfast, Santa came in and the kids all joined in a parade which took them to another room in the church for pictures with Santa. I have to say, this Santa was amazing, not sure where he came from but he was much better than the Santa my kids have seen the last few years. (You can look at my December post from last year if you need proof!) I honestly don't know if I will pay to have crappy Santa picture this year because I think our family one turned out pretty well!
The first time one of our kids has been apprehensive of Santa... She even cried when we got in the room!
Zac on the other hand, couldn't be happier with his Jolly Old friend!
Our family picture
After the Ward party, Hayden's primary teachers (the best teachers ever) had a fun Christmas party with pizza and a gift exchange. It was so sweet, they even gave each of the kids a little gift, Hayden got his first tie tack, it says I am a Child of God. (Silly me forgot the camera)
Straight from Hayden's party we were off to Phoenix Children's Hospital to do some holiday decorating. The kids had a great time helping us decorate the tree and taping snowflakes to the windows. It was to be able to perform this service as a family. I didn't get any pictures of the whole finished product but we, along with one other helper, single handedly decorated the main entrance to one of the buildings at the hospital.

Hayden was so excited to put the star on top of the tree
They did a great job covering the window with snowflakes
Our masterpiece!
I love this time of year... we are looking forward to many more fun family activities!

7 comments:

Jen B said...

Molly - I love this post! You almost got me in the mood to put Christmas decorations up!(almost) My dad played Santa for a ward party and had so much fun asking the kids each if they said their prayers and read scriptures with their family this year... it added a whole new meaning to naughty or nice! haha. Love the family photo!

Melynda King said...

What a great thing to do with your family!

Jennie said...

Your little ones are getting so big. We need to get together soon. Love ya, Jen

jana said...

This is really cool! How did your family get to do this?

Clemstock said...

Molly I love your heading picture! So I look at pictures of Brynley and I swear her and Lily are sisters. I see a face Brynley is making and do a double take and think is that Lily. Oh how I wish we lived close and could hang out...by the way, need your address.

Sarah said...

Sounds like a fun Saturday! I love Christmas and all of the fun activities that go along with it. I love your new header- Shabby Princess is the best!

Maddy said...

I can't believe I forgot to comment on this. Sounds like it was a fun day. Missed you on Saturday, but Meredith's party sounded like lots of fun! Hope all is going well with the house! Can't wait for the slumber party :D