Thursday, December 11, 2008

House Update

We are one week exactly from our final walk through, which means two weeks from taking ownership of our house! I am getting really excited, busy picking out paint colors, etc... As of today carpet and plumbing fixtures were all installed. We have some random things missing from the house, for instance I had noticed that we were missing half of our upper cabinets in the kitchen, the reason I just found out was because they were stolen, nice. Hopefully the new ones will be in by the time of our walk. We also got the door situation resolved, I stuck to my guns and they will be replacing all of the doors in the house. Yay! Basically the doors are the same quality as the current doors but have a more custom look to them. We don't know if we'll have those by the time we move in though, we'll see. Now that the carpet is in and the tile is grouted, I am loving what we chose. I was a little nervous when the tile was going in by I think I love it now. (Excuse the poor lighting in the pictures, it was really bright outside)

View of the kitchen island from the eating area
View of the eating area from the Family Room
View of the family room from the eating area. Hayden is pointing out where the new TV will be going.
View of the living room and front door from the powder bath
Shelly's tile in her living room, not grouted yet
Shelly's kitchen

1 comment:

jacque said...

I am excited for you to get into your new house. From the pictures it kind of looks like we have a similar layout as our new house. I can't wait to see it all put together. Everything you chose looks nice.