Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The boobs just aren't doin' it for him!

In case you were wondering, I'm talking about Zac here...
Our poor little shrimp has only gained 12 ounces in four months. For those who can't do math, that equals 3 ounces a month on average since he is almost 8 months old. He has slipped from the 75th percentile to below the 0 percentile... This is a first for us, the other two were big, with huge heads and very long. Zac is ok in the head and length department but not the weight. He is not even 15 pounds yet. Don't get me wrong, I love having a little pip squeak on my hands but apparently the Ped. is not too happy. She has ordered me to stop breastfeeding, cold turkey, no more. Apparently my breast milk has no fat in it and Zac is needing more calories so we have made the switch to formula... expensive formula of course, because he can't digest regular formula... lucky us! Hopefully when we go to the doctor in a week he will have gained some weight, she is hoping for a pound or two (in one week???). Don't tell but I'm still nursing him in the morning, I can't give up that time with him yet...

Hayden helping with the bottle feeding

I couldn't resist posting this cute picture

2 comments:

Jennie said...

As long as the boobs are good for one guy in the house that is all that matters!!!!!!!! He will be just fine Molly. You are loved never forget it!!

Toni said...

Woo hoo! You know what that means! Girls Weekend Out!!