Thursday, January 1, 2009

I hate choosing paint colors...

I have A LOT to catch up on and I won't be doing it tonight.... However, I really cannot stand choosing paint colors.

Quick story: I had to choose the main paint color for my house the day after Christmas. I bought 5 quartz of different paint colors and slapped them up on the wall, waited overnight and went back to look. I got a few opinions and officially decided on a color that looked the best with my tile, counters, and carpet. I went and got 10 gallons of it and just for kicks I asked to see the paint chip for my paint from my last house (it was no longer on display). Would you believe that after mixing a couple of colors and then lightening the color slightly, I came up with the EXACT same color that I painted my last house???

So, if you come to my new house and it looks a little familiar, your eyes aren't tricking you, it is the same color as my old house. The worst part is, I totally wanted a change with this house and now I'm back to the same old color... Oh well, I guess I can switch it out again in 6 or 8 years when I need a change, gadzukes.

I'll have to post comparison pictures once we get furniture in!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm with you on what a pain picking paint colors is. I've spent so much money on quarts of paint- I don't get why they don't sell little samples instead of making you buy a whole quart. I can't wait to see pictures- I say if you find a color you like then why change it?!

Cara and Terry said...

I'm sure it looks fabulous! It is so stressful though trying to get the right color. Tans are the worst!

Maddy said...

That is actually really funny. I remember first walking through my house when it was painted thinking, "Do I like this or hate this?" I actually love it and if we moved, I would probably paint my house the same color. It's such a great way to fell "at home" right away.

hendywow said...

It must be exactly right if you picked twice! I hope you guys enjoyed the Holiday!

Andy said...

6 or 8 years?!? Don't count on it honey. We are with that color for 30 years!

Jen B said...

Predictable! It's all good - stick with what works and what you have -save Andy tons of money not fixing it! ;) - Can't wait for our openhouse invite! hint hint!

The Evans Family said...

I am so bad at picking paint colors. I am still trying to like what we just painted our entryway. Unfortunately I am stuck with it for a while!