Saturday, June 27, 2009

Memorial Day

Memorial Day was so much fun this year! We had Meredith and family (minus Steve - he was sick), our good friends the Bernigers, and it was so fun to have Andy's parents with us as well.
We began the afternoon with a ton of swimming! I didn't bring my camera out but the pool was full of kids, adults, and a lot of noise! Grandma stayed inside for this part, the craziness was a little overwhelming.
After swimming the kids (including Big Adam) had a watermelon eating contest. Meredith brought a few huge watermelons over for the kids to devour. I was actually pretty surprised at how much Hayden got into the contest, he hardly came up for air! It was a close race between Hayden, Lindsay, and Big Adam. I kind of think Hayden might have won, it was so fun to watch!

Brynley ate watermelon for awhile but then thought the slip n' slide looked a little more fun!


This is my only picture from dinner... I had to get a picture of it though, it was too good not to share! I made these amazing burgers, they are Basil Pesto Burgers. I got the recipe from my friend Kristin here. They are seriously so good... I am a basic cheese burger kind of person myself but I think I have been converted to liking these better. You must try them!

We ended the evening with yet another party for Hayden... More presents form the family and Bernigers ended a great birthday week for Hayden!

2 comments:

Myers Mayhem said...

I love the watermelon eating contest! I will have to copy that! I've been talking about a slip and slide for a while now, what a good party idea! I'm glad you liked the burgers, Meredith said you guys thought the buns were to yeasty...they do have a bum load of yeast. I love them though.

Shauna said...

I bet that burger would be good with a little bleu cheese dressing! (heehee)