Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hospital Pictures

I never got these uploaded while we were still in the hospital so here they are:
If you look at Zac's poor face, this is how he looked for 4 straight hours, pacifier hanging out of his mouth halfway and scowling. It was really sad...

As soon as I brought Mr. Turtle near him he immediately grabbed it tightly and held on even in his half drugged state.

This picture shows both of Zac's IV ports, one at his wrist and one at his ankle.

Finally in his room and sleeping soundly (once he was given morphine) it knocked him right out!

The first time he actually woke up not screaming, this was taken Friday afternoon, 24 hours post op.

The first time he sat up, also Friday afternoon, and he's almost smiling!

We took him to the playroom but the IV's were bugging him so badly that he only lasted a few minutes.

Playing with dad and actually almost laughing on Saturday morning.

Saturday afternoon... I was trying to sleep and Zac figured out finally that he could stand up even with the annoying IV's.

Staring at me, wondering why I won't get him out of his cage!


You can see 4 of the 5 incisions here. I am so glad that they are so small, hopefully they will eventually hardly be seen! The scary cutting was on the inside, those were some big incisions!

Saturday afternoon, Zac is happy to see Hayden and Brynley and get some real clothes on! The kids wanted to sit in his crib with him, how cute!

6 comments:

jacque said...

Those first pictures of him are so sad. Glad his recovery is going well. I like the look on Brynley's face in the last picture. It looks like she's making sure he's alright.

Jennie said...

We are so glad to know that he is feeling better! I am sure that his scares will become a think of the past. You can always buy the ointment that takes away scares and stretch marks to :) Love ya, Jennie

Conrad, Michelle, Bronwen, Ava and Cate said...

Nothing like a mom, dad and siblings to make a little one feel better.

Burwell's Bits said...

I am so glad he is doing better. My lap scars are hard to find and I am much older than Zach. Just tell him they are warrior marks for bravery!!! Keep up the good work.

Kendra said...

That Zac is the cutest little man!!

Meredith said...

I feel so bad I wasn't there to be with him and you - he is so adorable and looks like he was a trooper and lucky to have a mom like you!