Friday, June 26, 2009

Hayden's 6th Birthday Party!

I'm not sure why but it seemed like Hayden's birthday lasted forever this year! With Andy's parents coming to town we had time to do a lot of celebrating!

The week started with me bringing doughnuts in to Hayden's classroom. It wasn't on his birthday because school got out the day before his birthday so the teacher asked me to do it a few days before school got out. I forgot my camera so no pictures.

(This picture should go later in the post but since I am not able to move pics around when blogging, it will have to stay here. This is a picture of Hadyen's B-day party when all the boys were having contests with their paper airplanes)
Andy's parents got to town the day before his birthday so we decided to go out to dinner with them on his birthday. He ALWAYS chooses Red Robin but we were not in the mood for burgers so I somehow convinced him to choose Gecko Grill instead. It's our favorite Mexican/BBQ restaurant, Andy's parents loved it as well! We then made out trek over to Krispy Kreme for a free dozen glazed doughnuts since it was Hayden's Birthday. We go there about 4 times a year (when each of us has a birthday!) Gotta love Krispy Kreme!
The day after Hayden's Birthday we had a "pajama party" at our house for him. He wanted a sleepover (which was out of the question) so we opted for a pajama party instead. The kids would come in PJ's bring pillows and end the party with a movie! We ended up having 8 boys, a few had to cancel at the last minute but I think 8 was the perfect amount. As they arrived they each chose a paper airplane and had races with them outside. We then played some outside games and later came inside for pizza. I decided to let the kids decorate their own cupcakes - they thought it was super cool and I didn't have to frost and decorate them!

Here's a picture of the boys with their completed cupcakes!

Singing to Hayden

Opening presents! Hayden got some great gifts including some Bakugans, slip n slide, Bionicle, spider man lego ship, magnetic cars, a transformer, and money! He was not at all disappointed that's for sure!

The boys all settled down and ready to watch a movie!

This was by far the best/easiest Birthday Party I have ever thrown. The kids had a blast and there was very little effort required on my part! I overheard two of the boys talking about how this was the best party ever! Yay! They all left that night with a king sized candy bar. That was way easier than filling a small bag with crap and sending it home!

It doesn't end here though... Hayden had another small party a few days later on Memorial Day. That will be included in another post.

2 comments:

Danika said...

What??? A free dozen Krispy Kreme donuts on your birthday? I haven't heard about that before! Good thing my birthday is next month...

Jana said...

Best Idea!! I think I may steal that for Parker next year...