Monday, September 15, 2008

You're gonna miss this...

I love this song.... On days when I am struggling with my mommy duties or having a hard time with one of the kids, if I hear this song my eyes start to tear up. For those of you who don't love country, listen to it anyway...it may touch you the way it touches me. The chorus says it all, I think I really will miss this someday, as I try to think of the many things I will miss, here's a short list...

* The beautiful coos of my sweet little baby

* The pure excitement that Hayden gets out of the smallest of things

* Brynley's little (biggish) bum hanging out of her underwear

* Brynley doing her "booty pose" (still trying to get that on camera)

* Being able to push my kids on the swing

* The excitement of going to school everyday

* Being able to teach my children things they haven't yet learned

* Having my kids want to cuddle with me

* Seeing the joy the kids get from being together as a family

* Family movie night

* Dinners together, around the table without kids running every which way

* Being the only source of comfort when one of them gets hurt

* Changing diapers... that special time together

* Feeling needed

* Playing peek a boo, ring around the rosies, tag, hide and go seek

* Going on walks together

Someday my kids won't want to do these things with me anymore, I need to try to cherish every day because they will grow up so fast.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Alright, now I am tearing up. I love that song, but I've never seen the video before. You've inspired me to stop checking blogs right now, turn off Curious George and do something fun with my kids!

Meredith said...

I am SOOOOO not listening to the song! Every time I am in the car with you it seems I hear some country song that makes me cry...this is why I don't listen to country music! So, I will take the message of your post...and I will cherish the moments with my kids and all their weirdo quirks and fun moments and mundane tasks. (Maybe I will get brave to listen...)

Molly said...

It's not "that" kind of song...

Kathleen said...

it totally is "that" kind of song! it makes me cry and i don't even have children!!