Monday, September 22, 2008

Real Food!

Yes, that's right, Zac had his first bit of delicious Rice Cereal! Yum... I vowed to wait until he was 6 months old to start solids, I really hate feeding kids at this age, they suddenly become less portable and easy when you add solid food into the mix! With Hayden I started at 4 months because I was so excited for him to try new things. With Brynley I started just before 5 months and I couldn't hold Zac off any longer, unfortunately, I struggle in the milk making department and my poor little guy is feeling the ill effects... Not sleeping well, losing weight, not being satisfied after nursing, it is really a sad thing. Thus the reason for starting the cereal. He loved it the first night we tried and the second night he hated it and screamed through the whole experience. I could see in his eyes that he just wanted himself some of mama's boobs! We'll keep trying in hopes that he will start sleeping a little bit better at night!

Brynley and Hayden were so excited for the first few minutes... they quickly got bored and went back to playing!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Just start with little nibbles of ice cream and a french fry. (No, I didn't give Kate ice cream and a french fry, not me, no sir, wouldn't do that!)

Maddy said...

YUMMMMMMM! Next step: PUFFS!

Jennie said...

Juice makes everything better! I would like Meredith's ice cream even more I think!!

Cara and Terry said...

I've been giving Ben some jarred food and I think most of it winds up running down his chin. I just scoop it back up and shovel it back in. It's quite a lengthy process so I hear ya on the "portability" factor.