Monday, September 15, 2008

I am seriously dying here...

Two things...
1. All weekend Hayden was carrying around his metal spider man lunchbox which he started using last week to take his snack to school everyday, inside of the box was a baggy with some change in it. He told us a million times all weekend that it was his lunch money. So he takes the box to school today with the "lunch money" in it, when he got home I was cleaning out his backpack and I opened the box to see that the money was gone. Here was our conversation:

Me: "Hayden what happened to your money?"
Hayden: "It's at school"
Me: "Where did you leave it, in your cubby?"
Hayden: "No I gave it to Ms. Tapia"
Me: "Why?"
Hayden: "Because you're supposed to give Ms. Tapia your lunch money and then she puts it in a special envelope and takes it to the office for lunch!"

2. As Hayden got in the car from school I noticed that he smelled overwhelmingly good, like a plug in air freshener. I figured the teacher must have just put plug ins in the classroom, I taught school, I remember how stinky the classroom gets! Then I realize as Hayden is in the back of the van that it really smelled strong so I asked him what the smell was and he just said I don't know. Weird. So we get home and I notice that his hair looked a little greasy or something so I touched it and it felt greasy, I smelled my hand and it was that smell! So I asked him again what it was and he said it was soap from washing his hair this morning. I said no it is too smelly to be soap, did you put something in your hair? This was his answer, and I quote, "No, we just had some flowers in class that we were making and I just smelled it really hard and the smell went all the way into my brain, and that is why my head smells like a flower!"

I emailed Ms. Tapia about both incidents and indeed he gave her his lunch money and she didn't think anything of it and put his name on it and sent it to the office. Seriously??? I am slightly mortified that she thinks I would send his lunch money in pennies, dimes, and nickels! (We put money on his account at the beginning of the year so he has never had to bring lunch money) And about the smell, no he did not dump a plug in on his head as I had suspected. They learned about the sense of smell today and she said their aid had a spray that she sprayed on cotton bolls to put in the middle of the flowers they were making and a few kids got a hold of the spray, Hayden must have been a victim of the spray thieves!

6 comments:

Alison + Brandon said...

The flower smell went all the way up into his brain? Priceless! I love it! (actually it's kind of an amazing mental image too.)

Meredith said...

These stories of Hayden and his Kinder adventures are seriously cracking me up! He is having such a great time at school, I can tell!

Laurel said...

Those stories are priceless! Especially the smelling one. What a cute kid!

Jennie said...

Love it! Adam and Hayden are really enjoying their first year. I am glad to hear that Hayden's teacher seems as crazy as Adam's.

Myers Mayhem said...

i think i peed my pants laughing so hard!

Clemstock said...

I am sure that he smelled beautiful. Funny how quickly his nose adjusted to his new hair smell and he wasn't bothered by his new scent.