Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Arizona in the Fall

This is how we spend the fall days in Arizona...

This cute little water park just opened last month, we have been so excited because it is the only pool around that is open past the middle of August. Wouldn't you think in the hottest state that pools would stay open longer? Luckily, this one will stay open through the end of November and then open again in April... It's great, there is a lazy river, two large slides, a splash pad area for toddlers, a swirling vortex and a large playground area in less than two feet of water with two slides, water guns, cannons, and a huge bucket that dumps water every few minutes. We will be frequent visitors until it closes, the kids have had a blast the last few weekends. Hayden loves hanging out on the small lazy river and going up the stairs and down the slides about a hundred times. It costs our family a total of $4.00 for a day of swimming fun, you can't beat that, and it's only 7 minutes from our house!
This is the large bucket dumping, I asked Andy to get some pictures of Hayden and this is what he got. Can anyone see Hayden in there? I know he's there somewhere!

7 comments:

Christy said...

Looks like so much fun! I wish we had something like that here. Love the pictures Andy took of Hayden- that is hilarious!!!

Sarah said...

Oops- I'm helping my sister with her blog and was signed in under her name. That last comment was from me!

Kathleen said...

um i think i might die in jealousy. my sister is always trying to convince me to move there after i graduate. consider me CONVINCED!

Maddy said...

Was it cold? Susan and I were thinking of taking the kids swimming this week, but we're worried it will be cold.

Cara and Terry said...

OK, so where is that pool? It doesn't look like Hamilton, but maybe it is and I just haven't been there for a while? Looks like it was a lot of fun. Happy Birthday to Andy!

jacque said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun. We will have to check it out before it gets "cold" here! :)

Martha said...

Okay, so why I haven't I heard of this place!?! You must tell me. Your blog is SO fun to read! I love your little fam.
~Martha