Saturday, July 24, 2010

She's fitting in just fine!

I worry about things a lot... Sometimes I even go straight to the worst case scenario... This change in our lives - the new baby- had me worried about al of things but mostly I worried about Zac. He has alwasy been a mama's boy and such a sweet thing, I thought this would ruin his life, I thought he might turn into a terror over night, I though he would hate me and the baby... to my pleasant surprise nothing like that has happened. Zac adores Mia, he wants to hold her a few times a day, he wants to kiss her head goodnight, he wants to make sure he waves to her when he is going to bed, and he even helps out with throwing away diapers, getting burp clothes, etc. We are almost two weeks in and I don't think I could ask for things to be better as far as he is concerned!

Brynley on the other hand... Loves her little sister, but has turned into a terror for her mom and dad. Poor Bryn has seen the inside of the bathroom a few too many times a day when she is sent to time out. She's got this attitude that will not quit! I am hoping that enough consistency on our part will help her attitude a little but I'm not holding my breath. At least she loves her sister.

These pictures were taken last week at 6 days old - we went on our first family outing to Costco. Brynley was thrilled to dress in a coordinating outfit to match Mia.



Hayden still loves his little sister and has gotten a little better at not smothering her all day long! He is really sweet to her and I am so glad that he loves her so much!


Last Sunday was Mia's one week birthday, Andy was trying to lay her in the sun to help with her jaundice and he quietly came and got me to see what was happening on the living room floor. I couldn't resist these sweet pictures.


A sneak peek at Mia's first photo shoot. Once I edit the pictures, we should have some pretty good shots!

If I had any doubts about having a 4th child, they have all quickly subsided. It feels like Mia has been a part of our family forever, she has found her place and we are thrilled to have her. I cannot imagine life without this sweet baby, I feel like our family is finally complete. I still wonder how we were so lucky to be blessed with 2 boys and 2 girls - all healthy and happy! Today would have been Mia's due date - we are so glad she decided to come a few weeks early!

6 comments:

Katie Wells said...

Ok so I totally love that Mia and Brynley have matching outfits. Super cute!!

Jennie said...

You have a wonderful family! Zac knows how much he is loved and is now able to share his love with his little sister :)
Great pictures Molly you have such great style and fantastic eye!

Lori said...

I love these pictures! Such cute kids--all of them!

Clemstock said...

I love the face Zac is making in the one shot of the 4 kids on the floor. So classic!

Laurel said...

So, so cute and I love the sister outfits and pics.

Maddy said...

Awww, I just love her. It's so sweet to cuddle something so adorable and perfect. And I love the outfits!