Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Home from the hospital...

Monday night, July 12th, Andy and I got to bring Mia home from the hospital with us. Of course I had a super cute dress with matching bracelet and headband all ready for her to wear home. The dress was a bit big but she looked so cute none the less!

Just waiting to be discharged...
Mia has been pretty good so far. She struggled with nursing for the first day we were home but is getting a lot better now. We had to take her to the doctor the morning after we got home for a weight check and to check her bilirubin levels. Luckily, her bilirubin is still within normal range so as long as she keeps eating well, we should have no issues with jaundice. The doctor was a bit more concerned with her weight loss, as she was 6 lbs. 12 ounces, almost a full pound below her birth weight. We will go back tomorrow for another weight check and hope she she is gaining!

The kids LOVE her - sometimes I think a little too much. They constantly want to hold her and I feel like they are all on top of me all the time. We keep having to talk to them about personal space and how even babies need their space sometimes!

Hayden is the one who wants to hold her ALL the time, he would sit on the couch all day holding her if he could, it is very sweet!

I didn't get any pictures of Zac holding her, but here is what he looked like when I was snapping Bryn's picture! What a cutie!

2 comments:

Maddy said...

I'm in love with that dress!! I'm trying to catch up on blogs, but I'm so glad you've done a good run down because I feel like I've missed the whole thing. Can't wait to chat.

Laurel said...

I love that dress! What a fun going home outfit. It could have been better if you had a matching one. ha ha. She is so beautiful, congratulations!