Sunday, July 18, 2010

Gila Valley Temple

You may start seeing some posts I'm trying to catch up on, at least that's my plan... This is my family's journal and I love to have things recorded here so I am doing it for them...

Back in early May, Meredith and I decided to go to the Gila Valley Temple open house with our kids and husbands. It is about a 2 and a half hour drive so we left in the early afternoon for the trek. The kids were excited but didn't actually realize until we got there that they would get to go inside of the temple. (Once an LDS temple is dedicated, only members in good standing with a current recommend are able to go inside. Children will get the opportunity after they turn 12. So none of our kids have ever been inside and they always wonder what it's like.) Hayden lit up when we got there and he saw that we were going inside. The kids were all so cute and loved the beauty in the Temple. The light fixtures were truly amazing, so sparkly. Zac would point at every fixture when we walked into a room.

Andy standing outside with the kids

We tried for a family picture and this is the best we got, I'll take it.

The four big kids are looking up at the spire with the Angel Moroni at the top

Posing for a picture

Brynley was happy to take a picture with her big brother, Hayden on the other hand, not so much

After the temple tour we headed into Safford for some fantastic Mexican Food. I got a recommendation from a friend who grew up there and boy was she right - this was some good food! I can't remember the name of the restaurant unfortunately...

Andy driving home in the wee hours of the night

Zac on the drive home, we will call this before the meltdown...

During the meltdown...

Toward the end of the meltdown...

Poor Zac just could not close his eyes and go to sleep, but he was so tired. Eventually I climbed in the back with him and stroked his arm until he fell asleep...

This was such a fun little day trip with the family, I am so glad we got to do it!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Super fun day trip indeed!!