Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Happy Anniversary Andy!

(I started this post on the 3rd and forgot to finish it)

Gosh, it's hard to believe it's been 8 years since Andy and I were married. Time has definitely flown and we couldn't be happier. I feel so blessed to be married to such an amazing man, Andy is truly my best friend and I could never ask for more. Thinking back on how it all started, it's actually a little bit amusing... Meredith and my friend Danelle knew Andy before I did and they thought we would be perfect for each other. A month after I met Andy at work (Kinkos) he still hadn't asked me out so I had to take things into my own hands. I finally got up the nerve to ask him out and we went to the World of Dance at BYU and I made BBQ Beef sandwiches for lunch. We had a good time, I think, because Andy asked me out to lunch and a movie the following week. Things progressed from there but Andy was still unsure about dating someone 6 years younger than him. Over the Christmas break he realized he couldn't stand being away from me (hee, hee) and shortly after I returned we decided we would get married. Andy officially proposed on my 21st birthday at Macaroni Grill. We were married on June 3rd, 2000 in the Portland, Oregon Temple.

Now, here we are after 8 years, about to move out of our first house with 3 kids under foot! I couldn't be more happy with where our life has taken us, we have had our ups and downs, mostly ups and continue to make each other laugh! Andy is one of the most kind, generous, caring people I know and I feel like the luckiest girl in the World to have him all to myself. I love you honey!

3 comments:

Alison said...

I have to agree with you Molly... Andy is a pretty incredible guy! You DESERVE a guy like that! You are equally as incredible! Congrats on 8 years!! That is awesome. Wishing you an eternity of more amazing and wonderful times together.

Michelle said...

I totally remember how you guys hooked up! It was so fun to witness! Happy Anniversary! Time sure flies by! Congrats!

Maddy said...

WOW -- 8 years! Congrats. I remember the days of you dating him and disecting the relationship in PE!