Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hayden is 5!

Hayden turned 5 years old today! He's been talking about this birthday forever, and it was so exciting for him to finally turn 5. What can I say about my little 5 year old??? Hayden is one of a kind, he can be so sweet and so inquisitive at times, I am amazed daily by the things he remembers and does. Hayden can run a DVD player or TV better than most adults I know, I'm not sure if that's a good thing... He can read, or at least he tries to read, every word that he sees. He can't wait to go to Kindergarten and we are so glad that he is so excited about this big step in his life. Though he sometimes tortures her, Hayden is a great big brother to Brynley and to his little brother Zac. We truly cannot wait to see the young man he grows up to be, it should be a fun ride!

For about 9 months Hayden's been wanting a Superman party, so that's what he got. I even made Superman capes for each of his friends that came to the party. I'm not sure if I would have gotten them done without my Aunt Shelly being here to help a bit! The party was a huge success, we had a pinata, pizza, cupcakes, and a bouncy house... Hayden couldn't have been more happy! On Hayden's actual birthday we went to Red Robin for lunch and then next door to Krispy Kreme for free birthday donuts, Hayden was in heaven!

(Zac was with us but asleep in the carseat so we didn't disturb him for a picture!)

10 comments:

Meredith said...

Happy Birthday to are fun cousin Hayden!!! The superman party was so fun - the girls loved it.

Meredith said...

Um, I meant "to OUR fun cousin," not 'are' - I can spell!

Cara and Terry said...

How cute! I bet all the kids loved the superman capes. Great picture of Zac...wow...is he smiling already? I can't seem to get the camera fast enough to catch Ben. Maybe one of these days. I think I've only gotten three smiles now,...total :-)

Alison said...

I love five year olds... and six year olds... kids are so wonderful at these ages!!! And learning to read is the coolest...

What a cute birthday party theme! Congratulations on pulling it off in such a darling way!

Happy Birthday Hayden!!!!

jacque said...

Looks like a fun party. You must be "super-woman" to get all those capes made in the midst of everything else going on with you guys right now! Love the pic of Zac!

hendywow said...

Soo cute! We can't wait to meet him! Sorry again about not making it last weekend!
Love, Wen.

Sarah said...

Is that last picture of Hayden or Zac? Either way it's a really cute baby! I can't believe that you made all of those Superman capes- they are so cute and must have taken you forever to make. Happy Birthday to Hayden!!!

Molly said...

The last picture is Zac, sorry, that's a bit confusing, especially since he looks exactly like Hayden did as a baby. We took the pic when we got home so I decided to throw it in because it was our first almost smile caught on camera!

Maddy said...

Cute capes!!

And I love that you put pictures of yourselves up! Everyone needs to do that more!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday! What a great party idea!