Monday, June 16, 2008

Out with the old... In with the new (Sort of)

Well we did it, we finally got moved out of our house. It was definitely bitter sweet, we were so sad to leave so many incredible neighbors! We have felt so blessed over the last 4 years to live in such a great neighborhood and it was hard to say goodbye, but it was time, our family was growing out of our cute house. Surprisingly, I only cried a little while I was cleaning on the day we were leaving, I think I was mostly exhausted and bored and tired and overwhelmed... I am a little surprised that I didn't spend days crying or anything, I guess it really was the right decision!

Our Old House

We don't have a "new" house yet, we are renting for awhile as we look for the perfect house for our family. It just so happened that right when we were looking for a rental, our Stake President needed tenants in his old house, so that is where we are now. It's a great house but not exactly suited for our family in the long term, the master is down stairs and I have found that a little challenging, so Andy and I moved upstairs to be with the kids. The house is 3100 sq. ft. so we have plenty of room to spread out, it is really nice to have this much space! As we've been looking for a house to buy we have been looking in the 2800-3100 sq. ft. range so this is a good trial run so to speak!

Our Rental

We are really hoping to build again this time around, if you would like to see the plan we are hoping to build, check out this link. It would be elevation C and we would add the 5th bedroom and bathroom downstairs. If the link doesn't work, the plan is called the Silverado and you can just click on that when you are on the builder's website after you click on floorplans. http://www.taylormorrison.com/Community.aspx?CommunityID=307
Anyway, we are pretty excited because Aunt Shelly and Uncle Joe want to build a second home right next door, with a pool! We would be so thrilled to have them living part time right next to us! We are trying to work on a deal with the builder since we would be building two house, so I will keep you all updated!

Moving has been quite a huge challenge and I really never want to do it again, accept of course when we move again in a few months!

7 comments:

Alison said...

LOVE that floorplan! So cool! Laundry upstairs is awesome!!! That is so fun. I would imagine the builder would be thrilled to sell two houses and would offer some great incentives!!! Congrats!

P.S. When we moved out of our first house, I cried and cried. I feel your pain!

Maddy said...

DO IT!!!!!!

And I can't believe it's been 4 years since we moved into our houses. I sill feel like I'm just moving in.

Meredith said...

As much as I am done with this house, I too would cry. You can't believe it has been 4 years? Cannot believe I have been in mine for 6 this month!!!!

Sarah said...

That looks like a great floorplan. I'm glad that it worked out with the rental- that was good timing. Good luck with everything- can't wait to see pictures of the new house!

Michelle said...

I really like your new floorplan! It looks really spacious! How fun!

Rickie said...

Congrats! I am really impressed that you didn't spend tons of time crying. I envision myself going from room to room sentimentally saying goodbye. Your new place looks nice. I can't wait to hear if you go through w/ building! That sounds so exciting. I hope to see you this summer!!

Jen B said...

We miss you! Please move back! - No wait- talk Daenon into moving-in by you!!! Then we can swim at Aunties pool too! haha