Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Weekend - Part 1

It was quite fun to have Valentine's Day and President's day fall on the same weekend, does that happen often? Not sure... Anyway, it all began Thursday night. I had an enrichment to teach, Andy was in charge of getting the kids' Valentine's done and helping Hayden decorate his box. Everyone was still alive when I got home and all Valentine's were done and in proper order - Success!

Friday morning, Hayden was so excited to go to school and take Valentine's to all of his friends. Brynley, Zac and I were gearing up for the playgroup Valentine's Party to take place at our house! Since a lot of my friends hadn't been to my new house yet, I decided to host.

Cookies and decorating stuff, ready to go

Brynley showing me her cute bag

The kids each decorated a bag for their valentines. We then set them all around the room so they could each fill each other's bags. One problem... most of them can't read yet. It was interesting, all the moms and kids swarming the bags, trying to find the right one. All Valentine's eventually made it to their proper home, I think.


Kate, testing a cookie... Zac on the other hand, slept through the whole party! What a guy!

20 something kids 4 and under + frosting + sugar cookies + sprinkles = A lot of fun, and NO frosting on my new carpet, walls, or furniture!!! It was a miracle really, thanks moms for keeping an eye on your kids!


Meredith tried really hard to get a picture of Bryn and I, this was the best she got, what a stinker!

(This picture was taken after the room was half cleaned)
Poor Andy spent a long time Thursday night cleaning the playroom. It took a total of about 30 minutes for every toy to be off of the shelves... Thanks hon!
Andy and I went out Friday night while Meredith watched our kids. We went to The Keg and had some great steaks. We actually ran in to some friends there and invited them to sit with us so they wouldn't have to wait an hour for a table. It was a lot of fun eating with them. After dinner, we saw The Uninvited, holy cow... crazy movie. Let's just say it's not quite what I'd call a romantic Valentine's movie. We had a great time celebrating Valentine's day that night! I have the greatest husband...

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

wow! i would never survive that chaos. i did sugar cookies with my activity day girls and we had frosting EVERYWHERE. i had to scrub it out of the carpet, off the table. oh my gosh, i just realized i should never have children. anyway, kudos on your patience and what looked like a rockin' party.

i spotted maddy in the background and am happy she is actually starting to look pregnant!

Meredith said...

Those were some great picture! ;) Yup - it was crazy - I came for about 25 minutes of the party and was amazed with the craziness of it all.

The Evans Family said...

Emma turned 4 right after we moved into our first Canby house. We had a bakery birthday party for her and invited 12 other 4 year olds. I was so paranoid about all those kids frosting and decorating cookies on my new carpet that I put old sheets down over all the carpet in that area. The other moms laughed at me, but not one drop of frosting got on the carpet! Sounds like a fun party!