Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Is it just me???

... Or do we all make a To Do list for after the kids go to bed? It seems that I have so many things to do after the kids are in bed, and not nearly enough hours to accomplish them... And inevitably, American Idol always wins out!

Tonight's List:

* Shred and divide up chicken I cooked earlier
* Can 20-30 pints of black beans
* Finish Laundry (I am literally on load number 10 for the day... not kidding. Having one child up in the middle of the night with a bloody nose and another up in the middle of the night puking, made for a lot of bedding and towel laundry. Not to mention playing up in the snow all day Monday and having all of that laundry to deal with (blog to come) made for a lot of laundry.)
* Blog, blog, blog!!!
* Sweep and mop kitchen floor (It got thrashed on Friday and I haven't had time to do it)
* Make fliers for community garage sale and block party
* Type up recipes from Enrichment last week and for some friends
* Send out enrichment email with recipes and handouts from last week
* Do dishes

Dishes are done. First 10 pints of beans are processing. Kitchen floor is clean.
Last load of laundry is in. American Idol is on, it's only 11pm, and I think I will blog a little now!

Not everything will be accomplished tonight, but it's a start.

6 comments:

The Evans Family said...

I do the same thing and I always have such high hopes of what is going to happen once the magical nighttime hours come! Tonight...I'm going to bed! Good luck with the rest of your list.

Meredith said...

I was going to bed by 11pm, list or not. It is now 11:52 and I am looking forward to pairing socks. Yea me! I always have high hopes too. Socks will have to be the end of the list.

Kathleen said...

um, can you come to my house? i have no children, a studio apartment and i never ever ever get my list done. really, this blog is making me think i should never have children!! does it sometimes kick in after you have kids???? maybe???

Jennie said...

Do we ever get it all done? My mornings seem to be the finishing touches on the day before so I always feel behind:)

The Evans Family said...

I just saw your comment on Kristin's blog...let's talk about who the overachiever is! 10 pints of beans processing, THAT is overachieving! =-)

Cara and Terry said...

Wow, congrats on the to do list...I usually stop, and want to die at American Idol :)