Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Food + Friends + Football = Fun!!!

We hosted our very first Super Bowl Party on Sunday night! With the new TV and the new house, we decided we would take a shot at a party. Not to mention our Cardinals were playing ...
In an effort to keep the party somewhat contained we only invited a few people, our friend's the Bernigers, the Simpson's of course and our friends the Luptons. Unfortunately for the Luptons they didn't get out of church until 4:30 so they missed a bit of the game...

Notice Brynley enjoying herself some food!

We decided to just have appetizers to munch on for the night. Our spread included: *Bacon Wrapped Chicken Pieces *Hot 7 layer Mexican Dip *Sliders *Huge Veggie Platter *A Huge (All Red) fruit platter (Thanks Jen!) *Shrimp with Cocktail sauce *Vegetable Pizza *Chicken Enchilada Dip *Cowboy Caviar *Frito Pie *Red Velvet Cupcakes *Amazing Brownies *Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars *All the Soda and Crystal Light you could drink! I think I'm actually missing something but I can't remember... ( The Chicken Wings never made it out of the freezer - Sorry Andy!)
Trying to get a picture of the kids eating

This is where Andy and Steve stayed the whole night!

It was an exciting game from the kickoff; we screamed, we cried, we jumped up and down, I even almost peed my pants... But our poor cardinals lost, I almost didn't want to wake up the next day... Oh well. Steve was remarking the whole night that he had never seen me so excited about football. I guess if I have a team I feel somewhat connected to, the football fan in me really comes alive!

Lucky for us, we had two Intel employees in our midst so we had plenty of 3D glasses to go around! (By the way, Intel created that particular 3D technology, go Intel!)

On a side note... Let's talk Commercials...
We learned that apparently my 5 year old son is a boob man. He quite enjoyed the Go Daddy Commercials... I was shocked when Jen told me that she saw Hayden's mouth drop open at the cleavage shot in the second Go Daddy commercial. (I didn't even think he was in the room!) Then Hayden made a big deal about it, as did everyone else... Ugh.

9 comments:

Meghan, Carson and the Kiddos said...

Can I get the recipes for all of that food? It sounds awesome! i was surprised at my own reaction to the game. I actually jumped into Carson's arms, feet off the floor, when they took the lead....in my very pregnant state it was interesting to see that. Sounds like you all had a great time. I was surprised that Zac didn't have any 3-D glasses on. :)

Meghan, Carson and the Kiddos said...

P.S. From what I can tell from the pics, the house looks awesome!

jacque said...

Sounds like fun! Hayden's little "fascination" cracks me up, especially after that experience that you told us about at playgroup.

Alison + Brandon said...

Dare I ask what "cowboy caviar" is??? Sounds like a fun time, despite the loss. (We don't have any longstanding team affiliations in my house, but we were definitely rooting for the Cardinals this time.)

Molly said...

Alison - Cowboy Caviar is actually a recipe posted on our Tuesdays with Molly blog from a few posts ago. It is soooo good!

Meredith said...

ALMOST peed your pants?

The party was awesome! Thanks for hosting! I don't think I have seen laugh so hard in a long time...watching Hayden's reaction to the boobs!

Myers Mayhem said...

hayden and boobs eh? could be worse. house looks great!

Jennie said...

We had such a great time!!! Can't wait for next year :)

Maddy said...

I am in love with your kitchen! I was pretty bummed about the Cards too. Dustin called to see if I was watching so I turned on to see the sad ending.