Monday, November 24, 2008

He continues to amaze us + School Picture

On Saturday I had to take Hayden to get his school pictures done. (We were out of town when they took them and he has a field trip the day of retakes.) I know school pictures aren't the greatest but it is something I will always do with my kids. I still have all of mine from Kindergarten on up, and it's kind of fun to see the changing hairstyles, etc.

As we were waiting for the photographer, Hayden picked up a magazine and started flipping through the pages. I asked him to stop on a page and try to read something for me. To my complete amazement, this is what Hayden read:

"No bow is too big, skirt too poufy, or color too bright for Taryn Cox, Hollywood's best kept secret."

Notice the word "poufy" I think it is supposed to be spelled "poofy" but he said it as if it were spelled correctly! The only word he stumbled on was "secret", he said "secert". How did he read the word "bright", I really don't think he has learned the "gh" rule yet! Aah Hayden, if only you would learn to clean up your toys as well as you are reading!

And the cute picture:

That is one handsome young man, if I do say so myself!

7 comments:

Meredith said...

That is SOOOOOOO cute!!! And I am so glad Hayden has a penchant for reading gossip rag magazines. I wonder where he gets that from? give him some People's to practice his mad reading skills!

Molly said...

No, he couldn't get that from his dear old mother, could he?? I guess I should stick my Ensign on top of the people in the table by the couch, that would be better reading material if he is so inclined!

Maddy said...

He is a GENIUS child! And so cute too!

Sarah said...

The picture is so cute! Jake's turned out pretty well, but not nearly as good as Hayden's. I'm glad that he is reading so well- that's awesome!

The Evans Family said...

What a cute picture of Hayden! Emma's picture wasn't all that great this year, but SHE liked it. Ugghhh...Way to go on the reading!

jana said...

He is SOOO Handsome! Why is it that they look so BIG in pictures?! Way to go in reading! That's impressive!

ZooMom said...

Handsome little guy (looks just like Dad)! Smart, too - had to come from mom :-)