Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy 1 Year Anniversary Andy!

On Sunday, Andy celebrated the 1 year anniversary of his lapband surgery. I am so proud of him, his doctors tried to discourage him, saying that most people who have this surgery fail to lose weight because they find ways to "cheat" with the band. Andy has learned that there are many ways to cheat but it is so not worth it to ruin something that has been such a life-changing tool. I am so proud of the diligence and the restraint that Andy has had over this year to lose the weight that he has. He has officially lost 101 pounds since his surgery one year ago! I wish I could lose 101 pounds. I am going to post some comparison shots of Andy taken one year ago, look at the amazing change.


My hot husband, 1 year after surgery - seriously what a hotty (terrible picture of me, sorry)

1 Month following surgery, December 2007


Andy and Zac in Disneyland 2 weeks ago
Andy and Hayden at Pirates of the Caribbean 1 year agoAndy and Hayden at Pirates 2 weeks ago
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2008
Needless to say, Andy is loving life. This has been a huge life change for him and I think he wouldn't change it for anything. I have loved watching him shrink yet grow so much over the last year, the kids love their "new" dad!

15 comments:

Meredith said...

Oh my gosh, my brother in law is SO hot! Did I just say that?!? Andy, we are so proud of you! And, every time I am with you, I wonder if I could possibly lose my last 14 lbs or so and you are such a great example to me. Those before and after pictures are so amazing. Wowza!

Love,

Mer

Maryann said...

Wow! He looks awesome! (You look great too!) It's such a great achievement for Andy! I hope he has continued success! BTW, you'll have to check out my blog. I got my braces off last week. How much longer do you have?

Kathleen said...

WOW! that is incredible! i think i would definitely find the ways to cheat... haha. my blog never tells me when you update so i feel like i go to read and then there is SO much to comment on. BUT! you guys looked REALLY great for your "fancy shmancy" gala. i love your hair curly!! and congrats to andy, he looks GREAT!

Kristen Lewis Jorgensen said...

Congratulations Andy!! You should be so proud! You look fantastic and it is quite an achievement!!! Just make sure your calves never get as skinny as Dave's--hee hee, inside joke everyone, don't get upset!

Toni said...

That is AWESOME!!!!! We are so proud of Andy as well. Way to go!!

Kelly said...

Wow...That's looking like the Andy I remember from high school! I love the before and after pictures. They really help you see just how successful he has been. What an accomplishment!

Sarah said...

Way to go, Andy! He really does look great. It's amazing to see the before and after pictures. An inspiration to us all!

Alison + Brandon said...

Andy, you look totally awesome! We are very impressed.

Erin said...

Andy, you look fantastic!! We miss you guys!

Brenna said...

That is such incredible progress! I love this post Molly. I'll bet he is loving life. So happy for your family.

~Christine

hendywow said...

Andy you are amazing! It is NOT a magic band, I know how hard you had to work not to fail at this! Way to go, you look great!
Wen

The Evans Family said...

Andy you look great! Congratulations!!

Jennie said...

You look great Andy! Congrats on the great progress!!

Maddy said...

OH MY GOSH! He looks amazing! Congrats Andy!!!!!

Jennica said...

Andy -
I just found your blog through DeDe's... you look awesome. We have a friend that just had that surgery this past year too... what an amazing surgery! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
~Jennica