Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Golden WHEEL Gala

We had our annual Golden WHEEL Snowball Gala last Saturday night. I was in charge of catering again this year, and I must say the food was divine! This year our theme was "Tropical Nights", it was quite a change from what we have done in the past and it was amazing! The decor was incredible (way to go Wendy!) and the whole night went off without a hitch (thanks Toni!). The Economy this year had us concerned that we would not fill our tables, and though we had less people than in past years, it was still an incredible night. We were still able to raise a good amount of money for the Children of the West Valley and everyone had a good time. The Polynesian dancers, Tahitian Pearl Raffle, Lei's made of Orchids, the fruit palm tree with the chocolate fountain, chocolate dipped pineapple favors, and the color scheme all fit with the theme very nicely! It's nice to have it all over with before the holidays, we can all actually relax and enjoy the holidays this year. Everyone did a great job and made this one of the best Gala's yet!

This year I was able to have some of my friends join us. I would have liked to have Meredith and Steve there but I really needed them to babysit!
One of the table set-ups
The other table set up
The whole ballroom
The chocolate fountain, yum!

I need to add, for all you Survivor fans, we had a bit of a celebrity at our event. Joel, the firefighter from a few season ago was in attendance, and Wendy and I got our picture taken with him. He filled us in on a lot of the behind the scenes secrets! As soon as I get the picture from Wendy, I will add it to this post. He is quite the looker!

5 comments:

Meghan, Carson and the Kiddos said...

Such a cool theme! It all looks beautiful! Glad to see you were still able to get some people out for the event!

Meredith said...

Just glad to know I have YOU guys babysitting for our Christmas Gala...wish we could have been there too but oh well. I had a great time putting band aids on kids all night long and eating $5 Hot n' Ready pizzas from Little Caesar's.

Toni said...

Ha! I Loved what you said about Joel. He was pretty hot, huh?? Thanks for posting those pics. I'm stealing them for my blog.

Sarah said...

Wow, that looks like quite the undertaking! I'm glad that it turned out so well. I'm excited to see the pictures of you and Joel and to hear all of the Survivor secrets!!!

Maddy said...

Everything looked BEAUTIFUL! Including you! You look gorgeous!