Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thinking about...

...my mom today. Fours years ago today, on a beuatiful Saturday morning, she passed away.

The day after Easter Hayden asked, "Why didn't Grandma Sue come back? I thought she was supposed to come back from Heaven on Easter." Sweet boy.

The other day as we were driving to the cemetery Brynley was talking about how Grandma Sue was burried. My Grandma said to her, who was she married to? Brynley said, "Her legs, and her body because she died." There was a little breakdown in that communication but we got it.

My mom would love being with her grandkids, they miss her. I miss her.

10 comments:

Toni said...

You made me cry Molly. Hugs to you.

Ang said...

Hope the day was full of happy memories of your mom for you and your kids. Love to you all.

christine said...

Really sweet post Molly! I love the cute things that kids say!

Lori said...

We miss her too, Molly. And I know she'd be loving those cute kids of yours!

Jennie said...

You are a wonderful Mom! I know that she is watching over you and enjoying her grandchildren from a distance :) Love you, Jennie

Meghan, Carson and the Kiddos said...

It's interesting to see how those little minds work when it comes to understanding things like this. They somprehend so much more than we give them crdit for I think.

The Evans Family said...

What a sweet opportunity to teach and talk with your kids. Your mom would be proud of them, and you!

Rickie said...

Molly, thanks for the sweet post. You have such a sweet family and you are so strong and such a good mom. LOL & hugs to you.

Maddy said...

I love your mom!! You do her proud!

Conrad, Michelle, Bronwen, Ava and Cate said...

Your mom must be so proud to have a daughter like you. Beautiful! It's bittersweet when my daughters ask about their Grandma Clara (Conrad's mom). I wish with all my heart she could be here with the girls, but then am thankful they have their very own guardian angel looking over them. Hugs to you and yours!