Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cookies with Eric!

My cousin Eric was staying here a few weeks ago. It was hard to figure out things to do with a teenager and a couple of little kids. He was pretty excited to help us make cookies.
The girls watching Eric's mad mixing skills!

Brynley using the mixer as the others look on

Eric thought the cookie "ice cream" scoop was pretty cool! He did a great job making perfect cookie balls.

Yum!

The finished product - perfect Nestle Toll house Cookies! Eric was so excited when they were done, he got a plate and piled 7 or 8 cookies on top - they were gone in a just a few minutes!
Eric must be deprived of junk food at home. One night when we were playing games he asked where my candy was. (I had given him a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup the night before) I told him to look in the cabinet by the microwave - his eyes almost pooped out of his head when he saw what awaited him! I had just restocked our candy supply. He said, "Wo, you are so lucky, you have a whole candy cabinet!) I explained to him that he too could have a cabinet of candy when grew up and got married! Oh, and this was about 30 minutes after downing his 4th Krispy Kreme Donut! (Sorry Aunt Lori and Uncle Scott, hopefully we didn't corrupt him too badly)

4 comments:

Alison said...

oh my goodness... you totally posted this while we were in the same room and I didn't even notice...

weird...

*wink*

Molly said...

Amazing how that works isn't it Alison? ;)

Meredith said...

Wait...what? With Allison?

So, Eric is awesome!!! I am going to blog about the trip to the zoo since I wasn't in on the cookie baking...where was I? I came back to warm yummy cookies, I remember that, oh, yeah, picking up Lindsay!

Maddy said...

Yummmm. . . cookies. Isn't it fun to be an adult and eat what we want? If only we had our childhood metabolisms.