Wednesday, January 28, 2009

9 months and counting...

Our big boy is 9 months old!
(I just found out that the photog. who took this picture has it hanging as a 20x24 canvas in her home. She is unable to have children and says this is the perfect reminder of sweet babies.)
Wow, has it been 9 months? Most people look at him and think he is about 6 months but nope, our little guy is a pip squeak at 9 months. Zac is developing great, rolling over, scooting a round a little and sitting up to play with his toys. Though he weighs only 16 1/2 pounds, he's still doing great! After spending the last 3 months doing weight checks at the doctor, Zac is finally on the growth chart, yay! He hasn't been there since before he was 6 months old. He is only at the 5th percentile for weight but that is progress. As a comparison, Hayden was 2 pounds heavier at his 6 month appt.!
This chicken wing should help in the weight department!

If he hadn't have been on the chart at this appointment, we would have had to start a myriad of blood tests to see if there was something wrong. Possibilities could have been a liver problem, kidney problem, celiac disease, chrone's disease, and many others. Thankfully we are pretty sure hs is OK. He still has massive bouts of vomiting, even on his special formula. The doctor was really having us up the amount of formula we fed him but I think that was a reason for so much vomit. I have now reduced the amount and he's doing better, hopefully he's still gaining weight! The doctor has ordered a lot of high fat dairy, and she has suggested lathering butter on everything he eats. That's good for him, he loves toast and grilled cheese, oh and pizza, cheetos, fries you know, all the super healthy foods!

We love this little man, he is a ray of sunshine every day. I don't know if I could ever wish for a better baby.
(the spacing of this post is off too, I don't get it, sorry.)

6 comments:

Meredith said...

We love him! How cute is he? I love having Zac and Kate play together. They crack me up.

hendywow said...

YOu know I think he is GORGEOUS!

Sarah said...

How weird that he is so much smaller than your other kids. I'm glad that he is okay and that you don't have to put him through all of that testing. He is such an adorable kid!

Maddy said...

Oh my gosh, he is so cute. I have the BIGGEST crush on him. he is such a great baby.

Tasha Dodge said...

I went through the same thing with Rebeka only she didn't have reflux. When she was two I ended up switching doctors because the guy would brush off any of my concerns like it was nothing. I had no idea how bad off she was until her first app. with the new doctor. Rebeka was and inch off the bottom of the growth chart. The doctor told me if she doesn't gain any weight in two weeks they'll be running test. Thankfully she gained two lbs from a diet of high fat foods so we didn't have to get any tests done. The poor girl didn't hit 20lbs until the was 2 1/2 years old. She's caught up just fine now so as long as he's gaining some weight I wouldn't worry too much about it. His growth chart just won't be dramatic as everyone else's.

Kathy C said...

I didn't know you were a blogger! I KNEW I liked you! =) I sympathize with your struggles... my oldest also took forever to get on the charts and now he's almost twelve and is at a whopping tenth percentile for weight. Three of my four also had severe reflux. Not fun! Hang in there. When they finally outgrow it things get a whole lot easier... and you have a whole lot less laundry. Good luck!