Thursday, October 30, 2008

Our Budding Artist!

I have begged him, bribed him, forced him, have done whatever it took to get him to color or paint or do anything slightly artistic, it's just not his thing... So imagine my surprise when he asked me to help him move his easel into the play room so he could paint!
Apparently he had an itch to paint Sonic the Hedgehog and his friend Tails or Fox Tails, not sure what his exact name is.
After painting Hayden cut them off of the easel, got some tape and hung them in the hallway. Andy and I are so proud, I think we have a little Picasso on our hands! I know this is probably not typical 5 year old art, there are many kids who are far more advanced than this but for Hayden, this is a huge milestone! I will keep these hanging in the hallway as long as he wants them up!(I think the little spatters and scribbles were care of Brynley!)

6 comments:

Maddy said...

Those are so cute. HOORAY for Hayden's moment of artistic genius!

Jen B said...

I love these! Hayden you are a natural! Look at how well he did the letters too! That's not easy with a paint brush! Great Job!

hendywow said...

I cannot believe how tall he looks in that first Pic! he's such a handsome kid!

Sarah said...

Way to go Hayden! Jake doesn't really like to sit and color or do anything artistic either. Maybe using the easle will inspire him like it did for Hayden!

Kathleen said...

these pictures are cracking me up!! does he do a lot of things shirtless or did you take the shirt off so he wouldn't get it dirty??

Molly said...

That's funny Kathleen, he was actually having a shirtless afternoon, I'm not sure why. He's pretty ripped though, don't ya think?