Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Time!!!


Who doesn't love this time of year??? I love everything about it, even the fact that I haven't gone to bed before 2 am every night this week, it is so worth it! We've had a lot of fun in the Ashton Household the last few weeks and so I thought I would recap with a few pictures. We usually put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving but due to a boutique I had all weekend, we didn't get it up until the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Here are a few pictures of the kids decorating, they did a really good job on the bottom of the tree and at about the 4 ft. mark!



Andy was a doll and even got all of the outside lights up that weekend while I was gone. Meanwhile Hayden stood at the foot of the ladder asking him for 3 hours if he was almost done yet!
A few weeks ago we made our Gingerbread House for Family Home Evening. The kids thought it was so cool, Brynley mostly just ate the candy but Hayden really got into it. He's not one who likes to follow a pattern or anything so he just put candy wherever he wanted too. I put the roof panels on upside down which made it hard to pipe frosting on the shingles so I didn't even try. When we were done Andy said, "Can I go buy another kit and make one myself?" I guess the asymmetry of the thing was really bothering him!

Last weekend the kids enjoyed the neighborhood's annual "Winter Wonderland" where 30 tons of snow was trucked in for sledding and playing in. I was a vendor at the craft show that day so Daddy was in charge (My nieces were staying with us so he had two extra kids and thus forgot the camera!) The kids thought the snow was fun for a few minutes and then got too cold so they opted to play in the bounce houses and at the playground instead!


This past Monday we went to the Mesa Arizona Temple lights after having dinner at our favorite Mexican Restaurant - Rosa's. It was so cold outside, I don't think Brynley knew what to do with herself! Luckily I had just bought her a coat two days before! The kids loved the lights, Bryn's favorite part about Christmas is driving around and for every house that has Christmas lights she says, "Lights on!! Lights on!!" So needless to say, she was mesmerized.


We couldn't resist taking a picture of the Reflecting Pool, isn't it beautiful?


On Tuesday, Andy and I went to see The Forgotten Carol's, a tradition we started 3 years ago. We had a great date that night and really got to reflect on the true meaning of the season.

I took the kids to have their picture taken with Santa today. It was at our new outdoor mall and actually quite cold and windy! We got a decent picture after having to wait literally 10 minutes at the front of the line while a mother chased her 7-8 yr. old daughter who was crying hysterically to make her take a picture with Santa. Seriously, at a certain point, you gotta give it up! This girl kind of freaked Brynley out so we didn't get a smile out of her but she sat there none the less.




We are all looking forwards to Christmas and being able to spend time together as a family. We can't wait to head up to St. George on the 26th and spend time with Andy's parents. Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Meredith said...

"Can I go buy another kit and make one myself?" Classic Andy!! Cute Brynley looks like a monkey with Santa. It took 4 re-shoots to get my kids to not look like they were growling...Ahhh, the good old days when a photo with Santa was 3x3 poloriod snapshot! You have had some fun Christmas season adventures! Isn't Christmas with the kids so much fun?

Sarah said...

Molly! I am so excited that you started a blog! It'll be so fun to keep up with what's going on in your lives on a regular basis. I love all of the pictures- your kids are adorable! I especially love the one of them in front of the tree. Your hair looks so cute at the gala thing and how nice of Andy to treat you to a hotel and spa treatments afterward!

I hope you guys have a great Christmas! Your card was so cute this year!

Michelle said...

Cute pictures! When did your little boy get glasses? Parker just got his in October and we are already on his 3rd pair. Yikes! I'm jealous of your warm weather! How would it be???

Maddy said...

OK, why does Santa look so mean? No wonder Brynley was scared!

I don't know how you do it on so little sleep AND pregnant. I am so tired right now from getting ready for tomorrow that I want to crawl in a hole a die!

Molly said...

Thanks! Michelle - Hayden got glasses when he was 14 months old, so I guess that means he has had them for just over 3 yrs. I am so bugged with his glasses right now though. With his first pair, we got the really expensive light weight super bendable glasses, they were so expensive but thy lasted a full two yrs and they were really cute. We opted for cheaper, two for the price of one glasses from the mall this time around and they fall apart right and left. I think once he gets checked again in February we will invest in another expensive pair, these are seriously irritating me!

Molly said...

Yah Maddy, he does look really mean, he acted nice at least. The funny thing is he looks exactly like the Santa from Superstition Mall last year and I thought he was too grumpy looking, I think it's the same Santa.