Friday, October 30, 2009

Zac's 18 month update - Amazing!

This picture was taken at the zoo last week. Zac loved the splash pad, especially trying to slap the water and having it recede before his very eyes! He was mesmerized.

12 Month Stats - 3rd Percentile for Weight, 10th Percentile for Height (2 months Pre-op)
15 Month Stats - 13th Percentile for Weight, 25th Percentile for Height (1 month Post-op)
18 Month Stats - 56th Percentile for Weight, 55th Percentile for Height (4 months Post-op)
He's finally Average!!! Yay. I remember exactly a year ago when we realized he was not growing right and I had to stop breastfeeding as the doctor figured that must be the problem. 9 months of struggling to keep him above the 1st percentile. One surgery later and the kid has become a monster! His scars are hardly even noticeable anymore - I am so thankful for modern medicine and finally finding a couple of good, no great doctors!

8 comments:

Danika said...

Hard to believe it's been 18 months...it seems like just yesterday that he & Kate were born! Glad to know he's growing well and that the surgery was a success.

Maddy said...

Oh my gosh, I soooo hear you on AVERAGE! It's so exciting huh?? CONGRATS ZAC!

Myers Mayhem said...

That's AWESOME! He looks so good! What a relief! Zac is so cute!

Sarah said...

That is so awesome! I hope he keeps it up!! I too am VERY grateful for modern medicine!

Kathy C said...

Wow! That just goes to show that you've got to trust your mother's instinct no matter what! I'm so glad he's doing well. (My oldest have never been above the 10th percentile, in fact he was at around the 3rd for most of his life. It took me awhile to stop worrying about it and realize that sometimes they just come skinny! If only he got that trait from me! ;)

Jennie said...

What a great looking little man! You have done an amazing job Molly. You handled everything so well :) Congrats on being average :)

karen said...

yay for the Zacinator. and your voice video-ing Zac dancing was way more entertaining than the dancing, although that was a darling little happy dance from him. gotta love the mom voice! Marc says I sound like a retarded whale when I'm talking in my "kid" voice. whatever.

The Evans Family said...

That is truly amazing! Way to go Zac!