Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween!

Halloween Week seemed crazier this year than normal... but we still had a fun time!
The kids loved the homemade root beer I made. They were very patient watching the dry ice do it's job for 15 minutes as it was starting to get carbonated. They then each proceeded to consume 5 or 6 cups of it!
We tried all week to carve the pumpkin but either Andy or I were gone every night that week and so we carved it Halloween day (still without Andy but we couldn't wait any longer!) They thought the pumpkin guts were disgusting and we proceeded to break both pumpkin carving knives within the first few minutes, lovely.




The finished product!

Time to Trick or Treat! Brynley was a witch, Hayden a Karate Guy, and Zac was Winnie the Pooh

Zac caught on very quickly!

We met up with some neighbors and had fun walking around our neighborhood with them until we left to go to another neighborhood.

Trick or treating at Grandpa's house!

Headed home - Zac loved the whole experience. Andy pushed him in the stroller most of the night as he ate candy. If Andy wasn't going fast enough, Zac would turn around to look behind and motion with his hand to hurry up! It was super cute.

9 comments:

Myers Mayhem said...

Darcy was not happy when I broke 3 of the little pumpkin saws and left him to carve his pumpkin with a normal knife. Everyone looked so cute in their costumes, especially zac!

The Evans Family said...

OK, Zac's costume was way too cute! I hate those little pumpkin saws. I saw on a blog the other day that the best pumpkin carving tool is a keyhole saw(I think that's what it was). THey are only a couple bucks at Home Depot and much easier to use. We didn't get to the pumpkin carving this year...way too crazy at our house.

Sarah said...

They all look so cute, but I have to say that Zac's costume is my favorite! Glad that you all had a fun Halloween!!!

Jennie said...

Everyone looks great!! We did our pumpkins on Halloween too...Glad Dad was able to Trick or Treat!!

Kathleen said...

molly, you guys are TOO cool with that root beer!! i cannot get enough of that pooh costume! how did he even fit in his car seat??

Maddy said...

I love the homemade root beer. What a cool idea. I mat steal that. And the kids looked great. I'm so glad you guys got to have the night with them.

Rickie said...

I'm impressed they touched the pumpkin guts. Such cute pictures. You always think of such fun things to do, I never would have thought of making homeade rootbeer. Your kids are so lucky.

Kathy C said...

Love Zac's costume!

Clemstock said...

Man Zac sure does have some of Andy's expressions! And, I love the Pooh Bear outfit.