Saturday, October 3, 2009

October Craft Night!

A few months ago my friend Sarah suggested that we do our own mini craft night for some of our friends from playgroup. Maddy and Meredith jumped on board with us and we held the craft night last night. Sarah taught a Christmas countdown class, Maddy did a Halloween house, I taught a "SPOOKY" wooden block class and Meredith taught how to make some super cute fabric hair flowers. Meredith and I also threw in a cute make and take for anyone who wanted to take it home. We had an absolute blast! The night began at 6pm, we got things set up, everyone brought munchies to share and we got right to crafting! The last crafters didn't leave until 1:30 am! We had so much fun - and thanks to my Aunt and Uncle for letting us use their house so that we could craft in peace!
Some of the girls hard at work!

Maddy's cute Halloween House

Wooden "SPOOKY" blocks

The 3 Halloween crafts together

The make and take that Meredith and I through together (We still have a few kits left from this project so if you'd like one, leave a comment (they are $2.50 a piece) all parts are cut just need to be glued)

Christmas Countdown Blocks - taught by Sarah
Meredith and I are also doing Halloween blocks which I will post when we are done

Super cute flower hair clippies taught by Meredith
We had a great night - thanks to all who were able to come and to those who put so much work into making this happen!

8 comments:

Danika said...

How fun! Let me know the next time you guys are doing one - I'd love to join you...

Maddy said...

Holy cow -- Giant Maddy!! hanks so much for all the work you put into everything and having us all over. Can't wait to do it again!

Meredith said...

It would have been so much better if you used a Giant Spastic Maddy posing with her wooden blocks. It was such a fun night - thanks to all who came and participated.

Clemstock said...

I really like the spooky blocks and the "make and take". I read about your fun nights of girl time and so wish I lived closer and could join. Some times a girl just needs some girlie bonding, ya know? Of course, that would also require a husband that I see to take over with the kids. Ha, if only.

Jennie said...

What fun times :) Everything looks great!!!

Jen B said...

Super cute stuff Molly! What a fun idea! :)

jacque said...

thanks for hosting it! it was a lot of fun! i'm glad you have documentation that I actually attended a craft night! :)

The Evans Family said...

What fun! I love all that you did. I may have to copy the spooky blocks, and a friend and I are already planning on doing the same countdown! So cute! I wish I lived closer...