Sunday, March 15, 2009

Easter Decorations...

I love this time of year. Springtime in Arizona is amazing, the sun is out all day and the nights are cool. We can actually sleep with the windows open still. With Spring comes the Easter holiday, I love Easter. We have such an amazing gift to celebrate at Easter time. In addition, I love the decorations. As a child I collected bunnies... Most of that collection is gone, a few pieces remain, but mostly I have scattered the house with eggs this year. I wish I could leave the decorations up until Halloween, I love the look of the sweet pastels that scatter through the house!

As you walk into my house, this sits on top of the piano.
This sits on the other side of the piano - the basket of eggs were made by my Grandfather many years ago... Also in the living but not pictured is a cluster of eggs hanging from the key on my secretary, so cute!
This display sits in the corner of my family room. The tree is decorated with little carrots and eggs, larger sparkly eggs, and cute sparkly bugs.

Close-up of the Apothecary Jars

These flowers sit on my table all year long. I need to get some less bright stems for this time of year. I just added the bugs to the vases!

Chandelier over my kitchen table

End table in my family room

My pantry door (obviously...)

9 comments:

hendywow said...

Now come do my home! It looks great Mol, I hope to see your new home in person some day, I just need to save money for a plane ticket... You'd think that was the case with as much as I get over to that side of town!

Meredith said...

Wendy, you are funny - a plane ticket!!!

It looks fantastic Molly!!! How lovely!

Meghan, Carson and the Kiddos said...

I had no idea that you liked Easter that much. I guess the bunnies sould have given that away though. It looks awesome! Did you make the wreath on your pantry door?

Sarah said...

LOVE all of the decorations! I don't know how your kids don't destroy them all- maybe in a few years I can put up nice decorations!

Ang said...

Molly - it looks AMAZING! I especially love the egg wreath on your pantry!

Molly said...

Meghan - the wreath is actuallt from Pier 1 from last year. I bet it would be pretty easy to make though.

Sarah - I really don't know how my kids don't destroy the decorations either. I guess I've trained them that they should not get within a few feet of those apothecary jars though! Whenever friend's kids come over to play, they head straight for the jars; and the jars go right to the top of my bookshelf!

Thanks for the comments!

ecuakim said...

CUTE!!!! I love Easter decorations! After tomorrow, they come out at our house, but we don't have very many!

Kathy C said...

Wow! It looks beautiful! You have quite an eye for decorating!

Shauna said...

EGG-cellant!