Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Gingerbread Houses and an Early Christmas!

Since Granny, Shelly, and Joe were in town, we decided to give the kids a little early Christmas. It was fun to have the family see the kids reacting to their gifts and the kids didn't mind opening a few presents early! The first two pictures are out of order but I thought Zac was hilarious with these blocks my Grandma gave him. He was concentrating so hard on them, his little tongue was hanging out the whole time!



They all loved their presents - Brynley got a Hannah Montana Barbi Doll that she has been asking for, Hayden got a set of 6 Bakugans as well as some crafting stuff, Zac got a golf game and some great building blocks. Grandma got all of the big kids their own sled - why you ask??? We took the kids to Flagstaff last year to go sledding and it was such a fun experience that we plan on doing it a few times every year, now we won't have to borrow from people! The kids were all screaming when they got them!

After presents we did our annual Gingerbread House decorating. Our family usually does this the Monday night after Thanksgiving but Hayden was so sad that Aunt Shelly would be gone, he asked if we could do them Sunday night instead. It was so fun, we had Meredith and her family bring theirs and we decorated them all together!
Lindsay and Caroline are pretty much perfectionists in this area, my kids... not so much! I love their creativity, even if it meant a green tree being stuck to the roof! Shelly and Grandma had a great time helping us.

Andy was taking the pictures while Zac was in bed. Not sure what Brynley's doing here!

Meredith's Family

Our finished Gingerbread House! Made with a lot of love!

5 comments:

karen said...

OK that roof (pre-candy) looks like an expert employee of The Martha Stewart Show did it! hello!!! I bought a couple of those for my kids to decorate for FHE but haven't brought them out yet because I have to psyche myself up for the mess. I'm lame.

miss ya

Katie Wells said...

Great house...totally makes me want candy!

AZ Hey-mon said...

that looks like a lot of fun. the sleds are a great idea for a present.

Jennie said...

SUPER FUN! What a great mom you are :) Hope your ward breakfast went well...I was thinking of ya!

Myers Mayhem said...

Darcy and I got the kids those same sleds last night at costco for Christmas. We want to do the same thing you guys did last year. You'll have to tell me where you went.