Friday, November 13, 2009

Houston... We have a problem!

Molly is in the exit row... those of you who know her well, know that she has an irrational fear of accidentally pulling the hatch to open the exit door on an airplane! It didn't happen and all passengers on the plane are still alive.
Andy and I were so excited to be able to spend 5 days in Houston with some of our greatest friends from BYU. It was our friend Steve's birthday and his wife called back on March to invite us (and a few other couples) out so that we could all go see U2 together. We had so much fun catching up with Steve and Jen, Laura and Brian, and Candace (her husband couldn't come).

Candace, Laura, and Brian at an awesome Mexican restaurant before the concert

Steve and Jen (Steve is getting sung to for his birthday)

Andy and Brian (with Laura, Jen, and Steve in the background) at the U2 concert

Andy and I waiting for U2 to come on!

A picture of Bono singing - there's something about him - he's just captivating!

The amazing stage

We had so much fun at the concert, I almost convinced Andy to buy tickets for us to go again when we got back to Phoenix. Instead I convinced my sister to go and I watched her kids!

The Apollo 9 (I think, or I could be totally wrong) at NASA

This is the room that holds all of the life size replicas of the space shuttle, space station, etc... for astronauts to use while training. The top right corner is a new moon rover that is in the works, kind of cool looking.

Inside the cockpit of a space shuttle - Andy and I discovered, we are both probably too big to be astronauts!

The old actual Mission Control. The new updated mission control was right next door, we could see it on a TV screen.

We had such a good time in Houston - other than sweating profusely for the first two days, wow the humidity is a killer! By the end of the trip I was ready to move there, the housing is so inexpensive and I loved the greenery. We ate at some amazing restaurants and went to a fun pier where Andy and I road a roller coaster that about made us both throw up. I felt really old right about then! If you're ever in Houston you must eat at Taste of Texas - wow, it was amazing!
Thank you Jen and Steve for inviting us, we love you guys and can't wait to see you again!

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

okay, i promise i read this entire post, but does it really say that molly has an irrational fear of pulling the exit door??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! oh my word, i wish i had gone to the bathroom before i clicked over to this CRAZY blog!

Alison said...

I hope you ordered the "Dessert Trio." Looks passionate... err... I mean delicious!

Maddy said...

You'll never move! And I wish they would still serve food on airplanes so you could have encountered TWO huge fears at once.

Anonymous said...

You mean her insane fear of accidently eating blue cheese?!?

The Evans Family said...

Lee would jump up and down with excitement if I told him I wanted to move to Houston. WAY too humid for me! Oregon would be much better...Sounds like a good trip, glad you had fun!

Clemstock said...

I had no idea Molly had such a fear of pulling the emergency door on an airplane, but Andy, I have to admit I was not surprised when I read that. Guess it comes with knowing Molly. Ha. Man your trip looked awesome.