Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Day at the Zoo!

A few weeks ago Hayden had a half day at school so decided to surprise the kids by taking them to the zoo! That day was also 50's day at school, check out my stud on his way out the door!
We started our zoo adventure on a path that took us to the prairie dogs, can you see them behind Hayden and Bryn?



My handsome little men (Hayden's hair is still keeping it's 50's style)

This giraffe exhibit is by far the highlight of the Phoenix Zoo. The kids always love climbing up to the "tree house" to get a good look!

Zac looking at the giraffes through the fence at the top of the tree house. I discovered on this day how excited Zac is about animals, he just kept jabbering on and pointing his finger at any animal he could see. This is not easy as there are often not many animals to see at this zoo!

This picture captures the sum total of the animals we saw this day (besides the giraffes and the hind end of a Rhino!)

It was a hot day (at the end of October) so we brought the swimsuits and the kids had a blast playing in this water area at the zoo.

4 comments:

Kendra said...

What a fun mom!!!

jacque said...

Only in AZ can you be hitting the splash pads still! Looks like you guys had a good time.

Clemstock said...

Serious Molly, you are killing me!!! I loved it that you wrote, "went swimming it was so warm" Ahhhhhh, makes me rethink not moving somewhere warm when we settle down. Today, here is sunny PA, I crept in and out of the door without a coat and I thought THAT was daring. Miss you guys.

Life Is Good said...

Molly, I love your "Tuesday with Molly" Blog! What have you been up to lately? Any new ideas?