Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

My cute message from Hayden today:

Oh how I love being a mom... Watching my children change from day to day, the discoveries they make, the young people they are becoming. I am often reminded what a gift I have been given as I stare into the eyes of these amazing kids. I am so grateful that God has entrusted me with them to raise them and rear them in the way he would see fit.

Hiking in Zion's - March 2009

I am also thankful for a husband who helps me in being a better Mother.

I am thankful for a Mother who taught me how to be a Mother. Who, through example, has taught me to do everything for my kids and support them in all they aspire to do. A Mother who loved me unconditionally. A Mother who taught me to love God and to live a life to make him proud. A Mother who's life was taken too soon...

My mom holding Hayden the day after he was born - May 2003

I am thankful for a Mother-in-law who has shown me so much love and acceptance into her family. Who I know loves me and my children. Who will give to others unselfishly; she has given me so many amazing things and I thank her for that. She is so wise and has so much good advice, I truly appreciate all that she does for us.

Hayden and Grandma Sharon - Thanksgiving 2008

I am thankful for my Grandmother who has always been there for me in all of my endeavors. Who in many ways is very much like a mother to me and Grandmother rather than a Great Grandmother to my kids. She loves and cares about us so much, I don't know many others who have such a relationship with their Grandmother. She even helped buy a house next to us so she can visit more often!

Grandma Nadene and Zac - April 2009

I am thankful for an Aunt who is like a Mother to me. She is the Grandmother my kids lost when we lost my mom. We are so thankful to her for loving us and caring about us enough to buy a house next door to us so we can see her much more often!

Aunt Shelly, Hayden, Me, Zac, Brynley, and Grandma Nadene - Temple Lights, December 2008


My mom and Grandma with Hayden- Christmas 2003
(I love this picture of Hayden with the two of them)
Happy Mother's Day to so many amazing women. If you are a mom and reading this, know that I love you and I thank you for being an example to me!

7 comments:

Lori said...

Well thanks for making me cry, Molly! I echo your sentiments about all of those lovely women. And you're a wonderful mother, too!

The Evans Family said...

Aren't we blessed to have so many wonderful mothers?? Hope you had a good Mother's Day!

Apryl May said...

Cuuuute! I hope you had a fantastic Mother's Day! I saw you called the other day, how are you?

Here's my new blog link and new email address! Please update your address book and blog link. :)
http://according2april.blogspot.com
april4joy@hotmail.com

Laurie and Mike said...

Hope you had a fun Mother's Day. Just so you know I covet your nice new home. So I guess we are even in the covet department! ;o)Although I love my house payment with not very much left to pay off.

Jana said...

Your mom looks so beautiful in these photos you posted of her. I just remember how she was always so involved with you and your sisters. Obviously you inherited all her good mom qualities. I hope you had a wonderful mothers day :)

Jennie said...

You are a great mom! I love you and am blessed by your example.

Carol F. said...

I love this post!!! It almost makes me want to have a blog in which to dedicate things to special people. Your grandmother Nadene looks sooooo young!