Friday, February 22, 2008

I can't believe he asked THAT question...

... what question you ask??? "Mommy, how is Zac going to get out of your tummy anyway?" Um, really Hayden, do you really want to know the answer to this question?? That is what I was thinking. So I explained it to him in a 4-yr. old kind of way and I could just see the gears turning in his head as his face kind of looked a little frightened. When he didn't like that explanation, I told him that Auntie Meredith's baby would come out a different way. I explained to him that the doctor would have to cut her tummy and pull the baby out. This frightened him even more and he almost started to cry as he said, "But that would hurt her and she would bleed very bad!" So I explained that the doctor would make it all better. He sat there and thought for about 10 seconds and then ran off to play. Few, at least that's over!
edited to add... At least he's not interested in HOW the baby got there in the first place, I'll give him til the next baby for that one!

And just for kicks - here is a picture of my enormous belly. My face was truly hideous in this picture, thus the reason for the headless body!

7 comments:

hendywow said...

Oh, I just want to give your tummy a hug, ok, that sounds bad, you know what I mean. As for the tricky questions, you are just getting started babe! And you are a great mom.

Meghan, Carson and the Kiddos said...

I wouldn't even know where to begin! Poor kid...hopefully not too traumatized...probably not as he went off to play pretty quickley after you told him.

Meredith said...

I would love to know how you explained it to him because my girls only know the "cut mommy open" version!!!

Maddy said...

Send him over here, I'll explain it to him. Heck, I'll even let him watch Discovery channel like I let Ellie. :D

Thanks for having us over today. See you tomorrow.

Molly said...

Yah Maddy, I'm sure you were very "by the book" in your terminology of explaining this particular one, that might scare him even worse.

Meghan, I kind of began with explaining that it is kind of like when he has to poop and it is hard to push it out... etc.

Sarah said...

I guess that is one perk to having c-sections- the explanation is a lot more simple! I agree that the question of HOW the baby got in there will be a lot harder to answer- let me know how it goes so I can take some notes!!!

Michelle said...

That is so funny! It is just a matter of time before Payton starts asking questions like that!