Sunday, September 27, 2009

Best Husband Ever!

I know you all might be jealous but I had to give a shout out to Andy today.
Andy gets up EVERY Sunday between 5 and 5:30 for meetings. Last week he had 8 1/2 hours straight of church meetings, meanwhile I get to sleep in until 8am every Sunday. Lucky for me I have an awesome husband who really surprised me this morning. Having still not passed his stinkin kidney stones since his surgery on Monday, it wouldn't have surprised me if he decided he couldn't make it to his meetings, but nope, he was out the door by 6am. Then, to my surprise, he was able to come home at 8:45 for a few hours before going back. I was still in bed when I heard Andy come in our room and use the restroom, he could have given me a hard time for still sleeping but he didn't. In fact, I stayed in bed until after 9am and when I went downstairs Andy had the kids and was making waffles, from scratch! What??? He even had to separate eggs - something I didn't know he could do! They were so good, probably the best waffles I've ever had. What a treat, totally unexpected and a great start to an awesome Sunday. Thanks Honey!
I'm done with the mushiness!

8 comments:

Ang said...

Awwww! That is so sweet! I hope he passes those kidney stones soon!

Jennie said...

Yummy! Way to go Andy :)

Steve and Sarah said...

man I am jealous! I can't believe he hasn't passsed the stones yet! Poor guy.

Meredith said...

That Andy is a keeper!! All that on a busy sunday while he is still "with stone?" Pretty amazing!

Andy said...

Gee...thanks Honey. You are worth it! Just don't expect too many repeat performances. :-)

Myers Mayhem said...

LUCKY! (just think napoleon dynamite)

Maddy said...

That's such a nice surprise! I'm always excited if Dustin walks in early from a meeting. Luckily he's here to help at breakfast on Sundays. If only I could get some help during the week

Love, Your friend who made waffles but searched the internet until she found one that didn't involve separating the eggs. I did make homemade buttermilk for it though.

Clemstock said...

Oh man, that is really sweet of Andy. I said, "Oh, awwww, that is so great...."