Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Trying really hard to smile

Mia is not a smiler - at all. I try so hard to make her smile everyday and usually I get a few small ones. She's not unhappy or anything, she just doesn't smile much. I read in a book that this is actually not something to worry about, it just means she is always content - sure I'll take that. Her neurologist was asking me last week at her appointment if she is smiling yet, I told her not much. They worry if the baby doesn't smile at all but since Mia smiles some, there is nothing to worry about. As I told her doctor this, she picked Mia up and started talking to her, within seconds she turns her around to show me some big beautiful smiles! Little stinker!

So, a few weeks ago Mia was having a grand time smiling in her bouncy seat so I grabbed the camera. I tried desperately to get her to continue but she wouldn't. These were the best I got:
We sure love our little Mia... I know I complain about her a lot but really my only complaint is that she will not nap during the day in her bed. I am finally just trying to accept it and move on - she takes great naps in her carseat when we are out or in the Baby Bjorn. So, that is where she is taking many of her naps. It saves my sanity a little to just let her do it, eventually she will have to learn to nap in her bed, we will get there.

She also has a milk protein allergy so I have had to cut out all dairy from my diet. It has been hard... but it won't last forever and eventually I will be able to eat cheese and sour cream again, even if it takes a few months!

2 comments:

Meghan, Carson and the Kiddos said...

I remember that it took Will a long time to smile and i was really worried. He would do it occasionally but never on command and I would always try so hard. Now he smiles all the time. She has such a pretty face though, she doesn't need a smile to increase the face value....it's already there!

Conrad, Michelle, Bronwen, Ava and Cate said...

Molly, you are an amazing mom. :-)