Friday, January 22, 2010

A day on the lake

Aunt Shelly and Uncle Joe were in town last week and we decided that we really wanted to do something fun and different - so we headed to the lake! Meredith found out about this steamboat that takes you on a tour of Canyon Lake - the kids were really excited about being able to go on a real boat!
Andy getting everyone situated in their life jackets

Shelly and Joe with all the nieces and nephews except Lindsay - not sure where she went!

Zac mostly hated his life jacket but was happy as long as he had popcorn!

The only picture of our family - Meredith took it and said it looked great so she didn't take another one. Oh well, who cares that Andy looks mad about something!

Begging for more popcorn...

The four big kids - they all had a blast!

A little scenery in the background



Uncle Joe and Brynley

After the boat ride we headed a little further East to a small "town" called Tortilla Flats for a late lunch. The walls of the restaurant are covered in 1 dollar bills, I should have taken a picture but I forgot. People just leave 1 dollar bills to be stapled to the walls and ceiling - it is estimated that there are over 150 thousand bills on the walls! And this is after a fire burned the place to the ground in 1987!! The kids got a kick out of it.

Hayden and Brynley outside of the restaurant

This was definitely a fun adventure for a Saturday and we will probably do it again sometime!

7 comments:

Meredith said...

OK, that picture is really crappy and I am so sorry.

Danika said...

I would love more information on this steamboat ride if you or Meredith could send it to me. It sounds like fun!

Steve and Sarah said...

How fun! I had know idea they had steamboat rides.

The Evans Family said...

I love the toilet seat picture! What a fun day!

Rickie said...

That looks like fun. I'll have to get the info from you, that would be a fun family day.

Clemstock said...

Mols, so here I was reading through this post, and for some reason I started to think to myself, huh, I wonder if they will have another kid? And then I read your Christmas post and I totally laughed. Congrats guys!!!! When is the due date?

Jaime said...

Oh...I miss Joe and Shelly...and you guys! When are you coming out here again?